Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I see pictures of your tree roses?

Posted by aggierose tx-dallas (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 4, 08 at 15:20

I would love to see some tree roses! I've read about them on this board, but I've never seen one. Do you keep these in pots mainly, or are they usually in the ground?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I see pictures of your tree roses?

This isn't the greatest pic but I hope you enjoy. Donna

DOUBLE DELIGHT
Photobucket
Photobucketet.com/albums/b305/donnann/photo4.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

o

Very pretty picture Donna. Is that what eveyrone means when they are talking about tree roses? What makes it a tree rose? That picture looks just like the roses I am growing.

o

Ah! You had to ask for photos! I love tree roses and look for any excuse to use them. Here are a few from recent years.

Playboy

Angel Face

Easy Going

Knockout

Double Delight

o

Aggie, tree roses are usually made by grafting a rose variety to a trunk (called the "standard", which is grafted to a rootstock. They're grown like other roses, but they need to be staked to protect the trunk and grafts from bending and breaking. They also need extra winter protection.

o

Iceberg

ALSO see the thread below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Another thread with tree rose pictures

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 14:45

Here's Renae this year. She had a good spring flush. You have to look carefully to see the "trunk" because there is only a little bit showing.

Renae

o

Wowsa Hoovb. My olog tree roses are just 2 month old sticks that are still green. I have moss and bag and semishade but nothing is growing on the olog. That's it for tree roses and me.

o

Here's my Roseberry Blanket tree rose.
Roseberr Blanket

o

milkdudski...did u get them at the JP sale? Mine are thoroughly leafed out and blooming. They have been blooming for 2 weeks. I would put up pics but the JB's have gotten them and made them semi ugly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here