Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreark

oops, another question about Greencure

andreark
10 years ago

I used Bayer Disease control twice, The last time was about 3 weeks ago (for BS) It worked, but It was hard on the babies, it spotted the leaves and canes. This is why I don't want to use it on PM when something less 'rigorous' will work.

Now, , , how long should I wait to use the Greencure?

Don't scream. And thanks for your patience.

andrea

Comments (9)

• michaelg
    10 years ago

No problem at this distance in time, if ever.

This is the first time I've heard of spray damage from Bayer. Be sure to measure accurately, swirl to mix, and irrigate if needed before spraying. I have sprayed Bayer in the hot sun with no issues.

• nickl
    10 years ago

As michael said, if you follow the instructions on the label, you should not get any damage from Bayer. Disease Control. Are you sure you weren't using Bayer All-in-One?

As for Green Cure, it is a specific for powdery mildew. It only cures a current infection - it has no residual effect - it may have to be repeated in accordance with the label as long as conditions are favorable for PM, It has no effect at all on other diseases, so black spot may show up if the roses are susceptible to it..

You don't have to wait any longer to use Green Cure - you can use it now.

This post was edited by nickl on Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 16:33

• andreark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Could it have been the spinosad I sprayed for bugs? It's called Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew....Maybe that's the one that gave my babies the spots.

And by the way, Michael, I am a very careful cook, bread maker, and cheese maker. I always mix carefully!!! (Actually, I'm compulsively careful.) All true, but said in a silly manner as I am want to do!

Could it be the bug stuff?

andrea

• michaelg
    10 years ago

Spinosad is not supposed to burn, either, but I have only a little personal experience with it. I haven't used any insecticide for years. Generally, it is "organic" stuff that is most likely to burn foliage (oils, soap, detergent, sulfur, copper, baking soda, Wilt Pruf; also household chemicals such as vinegar, bleach, peroxide).

• andreark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I haven't seen a bug since I used that stuff. I also used the Dr. Earth bug stuff. Maybe this was the culprit.

Thanks again,

andrea

• dan_keil_cr Keil
    10 years ago

Spinosad will spot your blooms and foliage. I got it for thrip control. It caused more damage than the thrip did!

• gardenbug
    10 years ago

Does anyone know where or if Green Cure can be purchased in Canada? Thank you.

• michaelg
    10 years ago

Cadence, you can read labels and look for the active ingredient potassium bicarbonate. It is sold under many names in the USA. I'm sure it is available in Canada, as it is no more hazardous than baking soda.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Spinosad can spot leaves...
    Both of our Carefree Sunshine roses were spotted by spinosad...
    Always do spot testing before applying to entire rose bush...

{{gwi:307935}}

This post was edited by jim1961 on Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 20:15

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz