Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Comtesse de Segur

Posted by pat_bamaZ7 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 16:20

This was my free rose with my RVR order earlier this year. Thought I'd post a picture in case others chose this rose and have been disbudding or are considering it with their next order. I disbudded its first blooms, but have let it flower since. It's had several little flushes so far with 7 blooms this time...which I think is pretty good for a new band. The blooms have held up decently in our heat/humidity. Bush itself is growing well. My OGRs are mostly own root, but this is the first HT I've planted that wasn't grafted. So far, so good.

Comtesse de Segur (blooms start out cup & saucer with darker centers and then open into these billowy pink clouds)

photo cds0708_zpsd289dab2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Comtesse de Segur

Really lovely, like something in a confectionary! Any fragrance?
Susan

o

Hey Susan,
Mine isn't the best of noses, but I can detect a medium kind of rosey, kind of sweet fruity fragrance with this one.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 18:16

Very pretty! I like it with the little white vincas too!

o

Pat - That is a pretty rose, the color is so delicate, I love it. I've been anxious to see your beautiful roses.

o

Very pretty!

o

It's really lovely, very pretty color and the "old rose" look that I very much prefer.

o

That is so pretty. I have wondered about that rose on the free list.

o

I got one last year from Roses Unlimited and it survived the winter. Paul Zimmerman said it was bulletproof.

o

Thanks everyone! Very early yet, but I think it’s going to be a good rose here. Sara Ann, still weeding through zillions of pictures I took earlier this season. Right now, 99% of my roses are being decimated by thousands of Japanese beetles, so maybe I can get caught up on downloading the older ones while nothing much is photo worthy. Predfern, winter hardiness is something I really never paid much attention to, but after our polar vortex winter, that trait has moved way up on my list of desirables.

o

Glad to hear yours is doing well, I ordered one as well, mainly wanted to get me a Cardinal Richelu and with shipping it made sense to get 2 roses.

Neither of the two have done anything amazing yet, but thats likely in part due to being planted on the Texas coast in June....

Both are growing, had to transplant richelu due to not getting enough sun.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 11:05

I got mine as a discard from someone. Very pretty flowers but the plant has no vigor at all. Perhaps the rain will help.

photo a252892.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here