Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lots of Photos

Posted by ArbutusOmnedo 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 17:58

I just posted some photos of various OGRs, some Austins, Bardens, and other roses in the Antique Rose Forum, but I'm sure some of the roses are of interest to those who frequent this section of the Rose forum as well. I hope you enjoy them.

Jay

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lots of Photos

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 12:11

Do go look everyone because they're fabulous!

o

Wonderful photos Jay of some excellent healthy and exciting roses! I'm partial to the lovely variations in roses like your Distant Drums or Pam's Choice or the delectable Disneyland. You're right that I hadn't heard of Orchard's Pride but it is terrific. Where is that available from? It's good to see a mature photo of Tea Clipper since it does indeed fade to pale, but the lovely Lady of Shalott doesn't! I envy you your Rosette Delizy in your zone enough that I might try zone pushing that one here - I have a handful of teas that are mightily babied!

Thanks so much for sharing the photos!

Cynthia

o

Hi Cynthia,

I don't really know where one could find Orchard's Pride these days. It doesn't have a source listed on HMF, but it does apparently go under the alternate name Miss Ashley which I didn't know.

My mom has a standard of it in her front yard that she bought at least 4-5 years ago at a hardware chain called 'Orchard Supply Hardware,' I think the rose was named 'Orchard's Pride' to commemorate some anniversary of the hardware chain OSH, but I could be mistaken. I saw a shrub of it available at an OSH almost 2 years ago, but I haven't seen it anywhere in So Cal since.

Jaimes Coiner, the breeder, sells to places like Home Depot, OSH, and others from his wholesale nursery, Coiner Nursery. He breeds his own roses as well as selling older, out of patent floribundas, grandis, and HTs. I don't know if any nurseries carry it that ship, but it could be worth contacting Coiner Nursery if it's a variety that you can't live without. I doubt that, but it is lovely! It has a scent that isn't strong in it's quantity, but to my nose is just perfectly light, sweet, and vaguely citrusy.

Jay

o

Wonderful roses!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here