Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for Crystal Fairy rose

Posted by willamettemom 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 11 at 18:00

Hello. I have been looking for a source for crystal fairy roses. I have purchased them from Heirloom in the past, but they just sold their last three right before I called this morning.

Any suggestions for sources, either online or near Corvallis, Oregon?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for Crystal Fairy rose

I believe I have Crystal Fairy but have no rooted cuttings. Can you root cuttings if I send some to you?
I have it growing in a really large pot on the other side of an arbor from Marie Pave. Both look very similar but Marie gets a little larger and repeats more. Both have blooms all season.

o

I see that Chalet Nursery in Illinois carried it at one time, so they may still sell it:
www.chaletnursery.com

o

Karl, thanks so much for your very kind offer! Rose "nuts" are some of the most generous people around! After I posted a local friend of a friend offered me cuttings, so I will try to root them. Thanks again for your kind offer.

Petaloid, if I am not successful with rooting, I will check out Chalet Nursery. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

o
And Marie Pavie...

Marie Pavie looks lovely as well and I see that Rogue Valley Roses here in Oregon carries her. I will let you know how she does for me. Thanks for the recommendation!

o

Both bloom non stop for me all summer. I keep them deadheaded and cut back so the look good in the 25 gallon pots they're in. I checked yesterday and I do have Crystal Fairy. The offer stands if you want cuttings.

o

Karl, I am also interested in the Crystal Fairy Rose. Would you be willing to sell cuttings? And also for Marie Pavie?

o

E-mail me with your address. If you live in a cold growing zone, I'd wait until next June. It'll be difficult to keep any cuttings rooted now alive through winter.

o

You've got mail! Thanks so much!!

o

I got my crystal fairy from Heirloom Roses in St. John, Oregon. Just down the road a piece from Corvallis. Worth the trip. Often they sell roses that are not on their website or catalog in their sales cottage. Also got Lovely Fairy from them. Both are great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here