Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dove_song

Tell me a story...

dove_song
11 years ago

At first the NOVEMBER RAIN came down gently, which had EMILY feeling like SINGIN' IN THE RAIN as she was happily driving her new PINK CADILLAC to her BELOVED home . But soon the rain began to forcefully pelt downwards. "Oh no, not now!" EMILY said to herself as She turned on the CADILLAC's windshield wipers. It was a DARK NIGHT, and she feared STORMY WEATHER was on it's way...

Comments (31)

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

She heard a frightening hoot, then realized it was only a NIGHT OWL. Shaking she turned her BIG PURPLE eyes (for she was ELIZABETH TAYLOR) towards the ....

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

...the PINK CADILLAC which had quickly stopped. Out jumped EMILY who was amazed at seeing ELIZABETH TAYLOR wearing a beautiful sequined PARY DRESS. "Why, Elizabeth, how do you happen to be out here all alone in this downpour?!!" EMILY asked.

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

MISTY EYED, Elizabeth sobbed, "I'm so tired of being a HOLLYWOOD STAR. I...I...I just wanted to avoid the poparrazzis that were all over me at the party I was attending, so I borrowed the maid's CHRYSLER IMPERIAL because I wanted to sneak away somewhat INCOGNITO to find some PEACE and QUIETNESS. And then I had a flat tire." :-(

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

EMILY was very much in awe of Ms. Taylor's talent and CLASSIC BEAUTY, but as EMILY's heart was filled with COMPASSION for the LOVELY LADY's plight she mustered up all the CONFIDENCE she could and asked ELIZABETH TAYLOR if she would like to come home with her and stay awhile at her quiet country cottage. Elizabeth happily agreed. :-)

Meanwhile...

• nummykitchen
    11 years ago

At EMILY's cottage her husband, DR. HUEY, was busy making some GOURMET POPCORN for movie night. He wondered what could be taking his SWEET BEAUTY so long at the grocery store. Must be the storm, he thought as he heard DISTANT THUNDER...

• kimeko3
    11 years ago

He knew the clown was looking for the MARDI GRAS party down the street. DR HUEY wanted no part of that party. He'd rather wait at home for his DREAM COME TRUE...

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

DR HUEY considered MARDI GRAS parties to be rather KOKO LOCO; in his opinion really absurd things happened at them. He prided himself on being a solid citizen who very much preferred quiet COUNTRY LIVING. IMAGINE his surprise when in walked his soaking wet DEAREST ONE accompanied by the also drenched ELIZABETH TAYLOR!...

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

"GREAT SCOTT!" DR. HUEY exclaimed. His FIRST IMPRESSION of the two them was one of utter astonishment. :-O He asked EMILY "HONEY, how on earth did you two wind up here soaking wet?!!"

EMILY replied, "Darling it is a long story & I think Elizabeth and I need to take a long hot bath, get dried off, put on some cozy bathrobes and slippers and sit in front of the fireplace with some nourishing food to eat."

"Oh of course!" DR. HUEY replied. "I'll ask the chef to make you two something SIMPLY MARVELOUS!"

• harmonyp
    11 years ago

It was just like an episode from TWILIGHT ZONE, having ELIZABETH TAYLOR in EMILY's livingroom reflecting on her days on BROADWAY with INGRID BERGMAN and BARBARA STREISAND. She spoke with such CHARISMA about an OPENING NIGHT with Ingrid, that the dog started howling. "Ah, that's JUST JOEY", EMILY exclaimed as she...

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

...noticed the curtains were burning. "Help! Help!" EMILY cried, "I need a FIREFIGHTER! Where can I get COOL WATER?" The fire spread to the CARPET OF COLOR. EMILY grabbed the dog, motioned to ELIZABETH TAYLOR to follow, and ran into...

• harmonyp
    11 years ago

the ghost of JULIA CHILD standing outside the house who in a WHISPER said - "don't worry, the FIREFIGHTER coming has a GOLD MEDAL and besides your GOURMET POPCORN had gotten cold". Not appreciating JULIA CHILDs morbid sense of humor, DR. HUEY, ELIZABETH TAYLOR, and EMILY...

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

started SINGIN' THE BLUES with their weeping and wailing about their burning SOUVENIRS in their DE LA MALMAISON. But suddenly a HURRICANE popped up and with good GRACE put out their fire.

Carol

• harmonyp
    11 years ago

Meanwhile ELIZABETH TAYLOR, feeling quite SCENTIMENTAL, grabbed her cell phone and called DICK CLARK, and said, "hey Dick, do you REMEMBER ME?" They had met once when her ROYAL HIGHNESS had given a GARDEN PARTY and...

• wintercat_gw
    11 years ago

AUNT SALLY was wearing her GRANDMOTHER'S HAT - not that it made her LOOK BETTER... FEEL GOOD, and if that weren't enough, she was suddenly gripped by a BURNING DESIRE for SUGAR COOKIEs and COFFEE TEA, so she ended up having a BURNING GLOW in her stomach, but she just couldn't stop popping 'em into her mouth. She tried sniffing PEPPERMINT because she remembered STRAWBERRY HILL said PEPPERMINT takes away one's appetite, but it didn't work.

So she started rooting frantically in her handbag for a couple of ASPIRIN. GOOD GOLLY! She howled. No ASPIRIN! Oh! HELP THE AGED! Call DR HUEY!

Not a MOMENT IN TIME had passed and DR HUEY's QUICKSTEP was heard. HELLO GORGEOUS! cried DR HUEY. So it's YOU 'N' ME again! YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE! FEAR NAUGHT my DARLING! You've never been a SHOW STOPPER but I always miss a HEARTBEAT when I behold your FUNNY FACE!

• harmonyp
    11 years ago

Story pauses for a moment as participants roll on the floor, their ANGEL FACEs covered in LAUGHTER LINES, with ROCK & ROLL playing in everone's minds like the DISTANT THUNDER, now everywhere. Ah yes, it is a BRAVE NEW WORLD...

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm really enjoying everyone's participation in our story! You are all so clever and funny! Thanks! :~D

• strawchicago z5
    11 years ago

Hi dove_song: Since I miss out on the fun, I'll continue with the previous saga of our hero, THE KNIGHT, who rescued CHANTILLY LACE, from the tower, to save her from the wicked PRINCE. Here's a summary of the previous love-story, which I need your help to finish this juicy novel:

THE FAIRY, in an attempt to have WILLIAM R SMITH all for herself, concocted a LOVE POTION mixed with OLD PORT. She hoped that VIOLET would drink this mauve curse and fall in love with the first person she meets. THE FAIRY waited until THE PRINCE, an evil and toothless person came to visit VIOLET. THE FAIRY slipped this mauve curse into VIOLET's HOT COCOA. Fortunately, the STRANGER could not contain his greed, sneaked in, and drank the HOT COCOA. He turned around, saw THE PRINCE, fell hopelessly in love, and followed THE PRINCE all the way to his castle. And they live happily ever after, until THE KNIGHT and THE DOCTOR came to their castle one night ...

The prettiest sister of HOME AND FAMILY is CHANTILLY LACE. She was kidnapped by the evil witch VERDUN and sold to the toothless THE PRINCE. It was the fault of the babysitters, the god-mothers MARIE PAVIE and MARIE DALY, who fell asleep after eating the entire bag of potato chips.

Since THE PRINCE was happy in the companion of the STRANGER, he locked CHANTILLY LACE up in the tower of WINDCHESTER CATHEDRAL. THE KNIGHT tried to bribe THE PRINCE in giving up this lovely girl, but THE PRINCE wanted SUTTER'S GOLD as a payment. So THE KNIGHT, FIREFIGHTER, and GENERAL Schablikine scaled to the top of the tower (by climbing on each other's shoulder) to rescue CHANTILLY LACE ... The LOVELY LADY, CHANTILLY LACE, was overjoyed to see them scaling the tower to rescue her. She blew them a KISS.

QUEEN ELIZABETH was so HAPPY because her ARTISTRY dance revived THE KNIGHT. He joined FIREFIGHTER and GENERAL SCHABLIKINE in scaling the tower, but they all fell down in a heap.

THE FAIRY appeared, gave a SWEET PROMISE that she would send CLIMBING PINKIE to reach the tower. But only if VIOLET gives up her true love, WILLIAM R. SMITH, for THE FAIRY to use as her PLAYBOY. VIOLET had to decide between giving up her LOVE versus invoking the help of her patron saints, ST. SWITHUN and ST. CECILIA. Her best friend, GABRIELLA, came to the rescue. She wanted to use her gift of gab to rescue VIOLET's sister, CHANTILLY LACE.

Putting on her GRANDMOTHER'S HAT, GABRIELLA, started lecturing toothless THE PRINCE, about brushing his teeth before bedtime. THE PRINCE, in SHOCKING BLUE mood, wailed out in desperation, "I can't take this anymore, here's the key to WINCHESTER CATHEDRAL." He tossed the key out of the window, and THE KNIGHT caught it, unlocked the tower, and raced up to rescue his beloved. It was a DOUBLE DELIGHT for CHANTILLY LACE to be rescued by THE KNIGHT, whom she had a crush on since kindergarten.

And CHANTILLY LACE(S) kindergarten PUPPY LOVE with THE KNIGHT began to bloom into a grown up ROMANCE with him. THE KNIGHT was certainly FALLING IN LOVE with CHANTILLY LACE. He gave her many, many PASSIONATE KISSES, but his INTEGRITY required him to follow-up on the CHINA DOLL's plea for him to find the WHITE PEARL IN (the) RED DRAGON'S MOUTH to save her honorable father. Yes, he very much loved CHANTILLY LACE and had so since kindergarten, but his deep sense of HONOR required him to first go to... rescue her father, who is locked in ALNWICK CASTLE floating in the SEVEN SEAS.

The KNIGHT began his heroic quest with the companions of midgets, "TIDDLY WINKS, TOM THUMB, TINY TEARS, and SI (a micro-midget)" He sailed through the dark NIGHT, until he was seduced by a MERMAID, who dressed in a SEXY-REXY costume made out SEASHELL ... But CHANTILLY LACE already sent ST. PATRICK to spy on her boyfriend ....

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, STRAWBERY HILL! I'm HAPPY to see you joining in again! OK, I'll try to continue on... :)

ST. PATRICK was HONORed to help his BEST FRIEND, CHANTILLY LACE find out if her boyfriend was being true to her. Unfortunately he found THE KNIGHT engaging in some OUTRAGEOUS behavior with the SULTRY MERMAID. He was astonished to see them indulging in...

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

...some MOONLIGHT PASSIONATE KISSES. ST. PATRICK's HEART 'N' SOUL was ALL ABLAZE with anger at THE NIGHT's and the MERMAID's MONKEY BUSINESS. CHANTILLY LACE had believed she had found TRUE LOVE with THE KNIGHT, But his FLAGRANT, OUTRAGEOUS behaviour with THE MERMAID would break her HOPEFUL HEART. :(

• strawchicago z5
    11 years ago

That was funny, dove_song. Thanks for giving me a good laugh. Also thank you, WinterCat, for that hilarious version of Dr. Huey rescuing Aunt Sally from having a heart attack. I laughed so hard that it inspired me to continue with the above juicy novel:

ST PATRICK invoked the help of king NEPTUNE, who sent a BLASTOFF of cold water jet into the BLUE OCEAN. This froze the knight's ass, so he had to jumped on his boat to continue with the journey.

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Unfortunately for him, THE KNIGHT's boat ran into an ICEBERG thus thwarting his journey.

In the meantime ST. PATRICK's sailboat was heading out into the BLUE OCEAN FULL SAIL...

• dove_song
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ST. PATRICK had a HEART O' GOLD, but he was weary of life's hard knocks to him and to those he loved. Therefore he decided to sail to FAIREST CAPE which was well known for it's EASY GOING lifestyle.

Upon his arrival at FAIREST CAPE he was greeted by ...

• wintercat_gw
    11 years ago

... a BLONDE BOMBSHELL with a BLACK HEART and a penchant for the use of BLACK MAGIC. "Oh! a HELPING HAND just at the right MOMENT IN TIME!" cried the TEMPTRESS. "The CHOCOLATE PRINCE is after me! He wants my HOT CHOCOLATE SECRET RECIPE! Quick! Please let me into your MERCEDES! He's CLOSE UP behind us!"

"So much for EASY GOING lifestyle," mumbled ST. PATRICK, but how could he abandon a BLUSHING DAMSEL in distress to her fate? "Hop in LADY! Let's go!"

"You're a saint!" sighed the BLONDE BOMBSHELL.

"Don't BUTTER ME UP" replied St. Patrick. "What I need is a break from it all. Besides I'm thirsty. You wouldn't have any of that famous HOT CHOCOLATE left, have you? Even some MILKY TEA would do".

"I've got SOMETHING ELSE that's much better. A real SURPRISE! Close your eyes", whispered she.

ST. PATRICK closed his eyes and ...

• strawchicago z5
    11 years ago

The BLONDE BOMBSHELL stuffed a GOLDEN DELIGHT into ST. PATRICK's mouth. It tastes so GOLDEN DELICIOUS to him, that he kept eating until he exploded into GOLDEN BUDDHA. Thank God that his entourage of the 7 dwarfs came to the rescue, running on their CUTIE PIE little legs.

They are: BASHFUL, DOC, DOPEY, HAPPY, SLEEPY, SNEEZY, and GRUMPY. The dwarfs carried the bloated ST. PATRICK onto his boat. The 7 heroic dwarfs steered the boat toward the ICEBERG to rescue THE PRINCE, whose YELLOW SUBMARINE got jammed.

• strawchicago z5
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Canadian Rose (Carol) and Mummykitchen are posting this year, along with fantastic writers like Floweraremusic (Andrea), Chris Martin, VaporVac .. and many others. I bump up this thread so we can have fun. The above was done 7 years ago .. there are more new roses' names to plug into this story ... the old roses are worth remembering. Burlington nursery (own-roots) in CA still carry some of the roses mentioned in caps. My old username was Strawberryhill, now it's StrawChicago.

• rosecanadian
    3 years ago

Straw - why don't you start a new one!! I'll join for sure!!!

• strawchicago z5
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Carol: dove_song cannot be contact & can't message her so we are out of luck. She's the "creative-juice" of this story. But it's fun to see what she and others wrote.

• rosecanadian
    3 years ago

I can start one! :)

• strawchicago z5
    3 years ago

Yes, please, I'm so burnt out working in the garden that I'm out of creative juice.

• rosecanadian
    3 years ago

Consider it done! :)