Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Peace

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 19:11

I had this one years ago and decided it was time to replace it this spring.

Pink Peace photo pp2014_06170017_zps422fc402.jpg

Pink Peace photo 2014_07130003_zps3e371b3c.jpg

Pink Peace photo pp2014_06140001_zpsf6727a4c.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Peace

Seil - You know I have to comment on this one, that is gorgeous! The bud looks like perfection, the opened bloom too. Very nice.

o

Luuuuuv this rose. Mine is such a good bloomer!

o

Melts my heart every time....

o

Very nice

o

Also has wonderful fragrance :)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 13:08

Thank you!

o

When did you take this picture? It's really a nice bloom if it's opened at this season. What is the particular reason you want to replace it?
The summer temperature in the Southern Nevada where I am living, is around 100 F°~115 F° day temperature and the air is super dry. It only gives us about half day to enjoy the real nice bloom, it is burned after the sizzling noon, no matter what variety they are!
P.S. If I am not wrong, the second picture look like has infested by spider mites, do they bothering you?
Peter

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 12:10

Peter, I had Pink Peace many years ago and it died off one winter. This is the one I bought this spring to replace it with.

Yes, it is blooming now. In Michigan it's the height of rose season and most of my roses are blooming. Things are doing pretty well considering the long cold spring we had.

As far as I can tell I do not have spider mites on any of my roses. I do have some pretty big spiders that like to make webs between the pots though. I don't bother much with them because they help keep a lot of the bad bug populations down. But I don't see any in that picture.

o

You are right, Seil!
After I zoomed 200 % to see more clear the picture,the web like white dots on the petal are water drops.
Good job! Congratulations!

This post was edited by gardentiller on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 14:27

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here