Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bare root ordering now?

Posted by andreark 9b (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 19:57

I live in the SFO Bay area where we can pretty much plant roses year round. I'd like to order some Kordes Fairy Tale roses for planting this summer or fall. Is there any place that I could get them....I have tried the places that came up from a web search, but no deal!.

andreark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bare root ordering now?

Roses unlimited carries them and I love to order from them. You can call or email and they can give you a list of what's available. They are super nice. For a list it might be better to email them.

o

Wait. Just realized you said bare root. They are not bare root plants from Roses Unlimited!

o

Prettypetals,

I would prefer a potted plant, even a 1 gallon like they advertise, but I don't think they would ship one to Calif. I will call and ask, but alas, I'm sure they won't. I will post
it here if they will....

Thanks so much for answering,

andrea

o

If I'm not mistaken, RU has a three rose minimum on typical orders, otherwise you can order one or two and pay more than you would equivalently per plant in an order of three or more roses. I'm in So Cal and put in two orders from RU this year that have both done well so far. One was during the recent summer sale. Shipping costs are high to California from South Carolina, but the plants are great and they have a wonderful selection. Their packaging holds up very well during the cross country trip.

Jay

o

Thanks to you both. I REALLY want Floral and Cinderella Fairy Tales. If I can get them at this time of year, I am happy to pay a premium..

I will call tomorrow.

andrea

o

I can feel the hook setting....don't worry I am the same way LOL!

When you feel the tug it is time to get the credit card out.

SCG

o

I have a wish list for RU. I could drive there, it would be an overnight trip, but the shipping isn't that bad for me, $4 a rose. Probably less than the gas I would use.

I have Caramella Fairy Tale. Red Ridinghood Fairy Tale looks interesting too.

o

Have you checked with Chamblees? Like RU, they have potted roses that ship wonderfully well. Since they are closer to you, the shipping costs might be less? Wouldn't hurt to ask, anyway.

Kate

o

Palatine Roses will be taking orders in Sept. for fall or spring delivery. I know I'll be ordering for a fall shipment.

o

Kate is right about Chamblees but they aren't shipping again until Sept. I think they used to ship year round but aren't anymore They are awesome too. I've ordered from both places. Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here