Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreark

Bare root ordering now?

andreark
9 years ago

I live in the SFO Bay area where we can pretty much plant roses year round. I'd like to order some Kordes Fairy Tale roses for planting this summer or fall. Is there any place that I could get them....I have tried the places that came up from a web search, but no deal!.

andreark

Comments (10)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Roses unlimited carries them and I love to order from them. You can call or email and they can give you a list of what's available. They are super nice. For a list it might be better to email them.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Wait. Just realized you said bare root. They are not bare root plants from Roses Unlimited!

• andreark
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Prettypetals,

I would prefer a potted plant, even a 1 gallon like they advertise, but I don't think they would ship one to Calif. I will call and ask, but alas, I'm sure they won't. I will post
    it here if they will....

Thanks so much for answering,

andrea

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    9 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, RU has a three rose minimum on typical orders, otherwise you can order one or two and pay more than you would equivalently per plant in an order of three or more roses. I'm in So Cal and put in two orders from RU this year that have both done well so far. One was during the recent summer sale. Shipping costs are high to California from South Carolina, but the plants are great and they have a wonderful selection. Their packaging holds up very well during the cross country trip.

Jay

• andreark
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks to you both. I REALLY want Floral and Cinderella Fairy Tales. If I can get them at this time of year, I am happy to pay a premium..

I will call tomorrow.

andrea

• SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
    9 years ago

I can feel the hook setting....don't worry I am the same way LOL!

When you feel the tug it is time to get the credit card out.

SCG

• buford
    9 years ago

I have a wish list for RU. I could drive there, it would be an overnight trip, but the shipping isn't that bad for me, $4 a rose. Probably less than the gas I would use.

I have Caramella Fairy Tale. Red Ridinghood Fairy Tale looks interesting too.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

Have you checked with Chamblees? Like RU, they have potted roses that ship wonderfully well. Since they are closer to you, the shipping costs might be less? Wouldn't hurt to ask, anyway.

Kate

• ken-n.ga.mts
    9 years ago

Palatine Roses will be taking orders in Sept. for fall or spring delivery. I know I'll be ordering for a fall shipment.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Kate is right about Chamblees but they aren't shipping again until Sept. I think they used to ship year round but aren't anymore They are awesome too. I've ordered from both places. Judy