Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soroptimist International

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 20:23

Continuing with some of my new roses this season here is the miniflora Soroptimist international. The plant was quite tiny when it came but has already grown to be a good two feet tall and has had several blooms.

Soroptimist International photo si2014_06250030_zps263707e1.jpg

Soroptimist International photo si2014_06280003_zps08a33b19.jpg

Soroptimist International photo si2014_06230005_zpsecdc99b2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soroptimist International

I love the yellow glowing from inside the rose.

o

I do like this mini. Are the edges really that red? And does it really go from the red/yellow stage (love it) to the white with red edges stage?

How is it doing BS-wise?

Lovely pics!

Kate

o

Seil, looking good! Give it space, it gets wide.
Kate, for me, the coloring varies. Early season, the edges are that red, later in the season, the edge is narrow, with more cream. It needs to be treated for BS here, I wouldn't call it resistant.

o

Thanks for the info, Diane. It certainly is a pretty one.

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 14:29

Thank you all!

Kate, Mine is really that red and yellow and then fades to the paler red and cream as it ages. It seems to have that really tight spiral center that never fully opens flat out to show the stamens when it ages. I haven't seen any BS on it so far so I'm hopeful!

Diane, it's very small yet but growing quickly and yes, I can see that it likes to spread sideways, lol!

o

Just absolutely gorgeous, Seil! This one has been on my wish list for a while, but I'd only been able to find it at places that charge a full rose price at the usual $18-20, and I was hoping to find it from Burlington or Heirloom where the minis are usually considerably less. Regardless, I'm sorely tempted, and with minis, you can fit them into any available space, so you never really run out of room for more roses, right?? (smile)
Cynthia

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 20:54

Nice mini Seil!

o

Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 23:26

Thanks!

Cynthia, I got this one through a local rose society fund raising sale for $6.00! I got 8 minis from them because that price was so great I couldn't resist. I'm pretty sure they ordered their stock for the sale from Greenheart. They were quite tiny when i got them but they've all done really well.

o

That's good to hear Seil - I'll keep my eyes out for them locally as well as on the web, as I've never seen our local rose society doing that kind of sale. Always nice to have roses we're still pining after!

Cynthia

o

It was just named to the ARS Hall of Fame at last weekend's National Miniature convention. Frank Benardella's wife and daughters were there to accept the award.

o

Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 16:59

Oh, that's wonderful, Diane, thanks for telling us!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here