Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Westerland

Posted by lynnette PNW (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 20:26

Westerland is a newer rose and in my opinion, a better one in regards to growth, than Royal Sunset. But as said, not as beautiful. Westerland has Kordesii blood in it and so will grow much better and give you more flowers, if grown sideways such as along a fence.Because of the bright colours, this rose really makes a statement in a garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Westerland

Very pretty.

o

Lynnette - Very nice, I'm tempted by both and Kordes roses almost always do good for me.

o

Very beautiful.ill look into getting one.i love the big patels on the flower

o

That photo of Westerland blooms is beautiful! I have one that I am growing as a shrub, since I have little lateral space to give it and I find Westerland to be a little stiff to train on my fence, although I know it is an excellent climber.
Molly

o

Another lovely climber. Your yard must be incredible!!e
Carol

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 17:20

A real beauty!

o

Loved 'Westerland' at first sight. Wound up with 'Royal Sunset'. Does 'Westerland' have as powerful a perfume as 'Royal Sunset'?

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 12:47

Beautiful!

o

Very beautiful

o

Westerland has a lovely fragrance.

o

I have this rose. Mine is small, but has already put out a few nice blooms. love color. can't wait for it to get larger. i paired it with a jackmanii (purple) climber.

o

That is gorgeous!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here