Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Clouds of Glory" tea rose

Posted by Rosaline88 Colorado (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 10:56

I am planning on buying this rose as soon as it becomes available. J &P is sold out. I was wondering if anyone here has one, and how it is doing.What does it smell like? How does it do in cool weather?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Clouds of Glory" tea rose

Wow - this rose must be very new - it is not on Help Me Find roses, which is amazing.

I googled it, and just to prevent any confusion, it is not a tea rose at all - it is a modern (brand new!) hybrid tea rose. Tea roses are an entirely different class of old roses, which are in general vey large bushes with astoundingly gorgeous blooms, which love warm weather.

Jackie

o

That fooled me, too, Jackie -- Until I saw "J&P." Then, I knew it had to be an HT. :-)

o

I grow Clouds of Glory; it's been a great rose for me. It repeat blooms well. The blooms are large and very fragrant with a sweet scent that has a perfume -like quality to it. It has done well in a cold zone.

o

Thanks for your repies, I'm sure there is a lot to learn here. The Clouds of Glory Hybrid Tea rose is definately on my list and I'm very glad to know that it does well in colder climates.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 21:49

Mine was a test rose 4yrs ago. It's in a big plastic pot right now. I love it! This yr it really has taken off. Repeats really well and the blooms are gorgeous.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comImage Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

Thanks Beth for posting your georgeous rose pictures.I can really see the detail in your photos, great job! I was wondering about the fragrance. J & P says it is an "old rose" fragrance.What do you say? Also, how does one become a rose tester?

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 21:52

Hmm.. I'll have to check fragrance next time it blooms. I'm bad about that. I grow roses more for looks than smell, so I don't always check. I don't believe J&P is doing the test roses anymore. This past season was the first time they didn't offer them. One of my favortie test roses was HYPNOTIZED. OMG that one is gorgeous! And a good bloomer.

o

Thanks ,Beth. I'll have to look for that one, also. Hypnotized sounds good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here