Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoenixbetta_gw

Rose seeds from China on Ebay !!!

phoenixbetta
11 years ago

Hi everyone

Now I'm looking for the rose seeds on Ebay and I'm interesting in too many items in rose seeds from China, they have many colours as black blue or rainbow, that is real?????

I knew that growing from seeds is not the same as mother plant but umm .... no idea to said about these items on Ebay.

So anyone has an idea about these? If it should be real I'll order some.

Thank

Regards

Comments (6)

• jerijen
    11 years ago

No. They will not be colored black, blue, or rainbow. Not if they are roses, they won't. Those colors do not exist in roses.

IF they are roses, they will most probably be pink.
    They could be seeds from any sort of rose (they do grow modern roses in China, you know).

You would do just as well collecting seeds from roses in your, or your neighbor's, front yards.

Jeri

• roseseek
    11 years ago

What Jeri said, PLUS, order those seeds and the USDA will intercept them and send you a letter telling you not to do that again. To bring ANY kind of plant material into the US legally, you MUST have an import permit. I have just done this and it is a pain in the REAR. Import inspection fees are outrageous (upwards of $700 for them to walk your import through customs as is now required by law, if you don't live near an entry point where they will LET you do it, I don't) plus all of the B.S. fees which are now imposed to help fund the government.

Those seeds are deliberate fraud. Those roses do not exist naturally, just as the blue, bright green and patchwork ones don't. Most come from China and they know they are fraud. They also know they are going to collect your money and your government won't let you receive them. They post that all import fees and restrictions are YOUR responsibility, so you have nothing to complain about them on EBay or to Paypal for. It isn't their fault if you don't read. You never get the seeds; you never raise them to determine you've been lied to and they did "warn you". They win, no matter what. Yes, it's only a "few bucks", but how many fools does it take at a few bucks each to have them raking it in?

Don't even think about trying to sneak things in to avoid the hassle. The USDA IS levying fines of $30,000 to punish people and nurseries for not following the rules. If you go through the garbage to obtain the permit, expect to pay for a County Ag agent to visit you at least twice over the two year quarantine period, which WILL be a minimum of $80 a visit, more if you live more than the minimum from their office and if they spend more than half an hour at your location. Where in your yard can you grow the seed a minimum of 10' from anything in the Genus Rosa? It has become virtually impossible for most of us to import anymore. These seeds are theft. Be forewarned! Kim

• flaurabunda
    11 years ago

See: Beanstalk, Jack et al.

I think the same vendor was selling Free Range Unicorns, Snowballs from Hell, and shares of stock in Honest Politicians, Inc. last week.

• roseseek
    11 years ago

Please let me know when they offer an exercise drink guaranteed to take thirty years off you while providing you with an Olympian body, made entirely from cocoa! Kim

• hartwood
    11 years ago

flaura, dear, thank you for starting my day off with a chuckle. I love clever people.

• flaurabunda
    11 years ago

You're welcome....I wrote that after using brain bleach yesterday when I read a different [and thankfully deleted] thread.

I love Kim's request also--sign me up for that one, when it becomes available!