Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another unknown

Posted by deervssteve 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 11:56

Another unknown from the slope that showed up after I fertilized the area. Until they bloom all I can see is a lot of rose leaves from different bushes growing all over the place. White, fragrant, smells like a florist shop, probably a hybrid musk. Any ideas?

I need to see how big the bush is an maybe make a small cage. It's been deer food for 25 years,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another unknown

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 18:10

Nice looking white bloom Steve! :)

o

The bush has 3 or 4 canes that have are sprawled on the slope. i went to home depot and got some small 6 foot stakes. I'll stake the canes and they should be tall enough so the deer can't get the tops.

o

Hi Steve,

It's an "ICEBERG ROSE".

Iceberg is a modern cluster-flowered floribunda rose cultivar. The cultivar is commercially available in two main forms. These are as a tall bush and a standard rose produced by grafting.

Leaves are light green and glossy. Blooms are about 5 cm in diameter and have 25 to 35 petals. Buds are long and pointed. The fragrant flowers usually appear throughout the year.

This post was edited by shrey.jagma on Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 1:35

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here