Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kentucky_rose

2015 Rose Wish List

Soon we will begin ordering for 2015. This is a difficult and challenging but fun time for me. I have learned a lot about certain roses and their performances/expectations here on this website. Probably most of us don't need another bush but we can't wait to place that order(s) for 2015! From Palatine I need to place a minimum order of 3, which at this time I don't know where I'll plant them. Poseidon, Rina Hugo, St. Patrick, Bride's Dream, Folklore, Memoire are possibilities if Palatine offers them. From K&M, I am dreaming of another Randy Scott (had 2 and lost 1 to last winter), Sunny Sundays, and I like to hear what they recommend. Such tough decisions! Tell me about your 2015 wish list and your decision making process. This is just the initial fall kickoff, with changes expected.

Comments (9)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

If I remember correctly (haven't checked recently) Memoire is only available at Palatine, so all you need now is to find two more roses in their inventory. : )

Kate

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    9 years ago

I always have to try a couple of the new David Austins and Chamblees has a couple of new Kordes roses that look interesting. Havent seen too many 2015 roses listed yet. Poisiden is a good choice - mine is big and healthy with no foliage issues like mauves usually have.
    Judith

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    9 years ago

I doubt I'll try it, but I'm interested to see how the 2015 release 'Icecap' does for folks. Seems to be a new Radler touted as an improved 'Iceberg' or something along those lines. Iceberg probably can't be improved upon in this area, but where blackspot is a problem I bet "Icecap" is worth a try. I saw it under the 2015 roses listed at Regans.

I will probably try one of Westside Road Cream Tea or Devoniensis next year. I am also hopeful that I will be able to order a Mlle. Blanche Lafitte, Blanc de Vibert, Cramoisi Superieur, and Nymphenburg. I'm more interested in acquiring OGRs or older modern shrubs while they're still available in commerce than getting newer releases at the moment.

Jay

• Michaela (Zone 5b - Iowa)
    9 years ago

Right now John Cabot and Russell Cottage are at the top of my list. That will probably change thirty times before next spring though. :o)

• ken-n.ga.mts
    9 years ago

I went back to work part time so I could finish the garden out the way I really want to. I'll be getting the better part of my roses from K&M over the next couple of months (4 roses every two weeks until it is to cold to ship). All the roses I get this fall will be potted into 3 gal pots for easy storage this winter when things get really cold. When you read this, you will see I'll be VERY busy next spring. From K&M---3 Louise Estes, 3 Gemini's, 4 Moonstones, 4 Mavrik's, 4 Marlon's Day's, 2 Let Freedom Ring, 2 Elizabeth Taylor, 2 Affirm's, 2 Hot Cocoa's, 2, 3 or 4 David Austins that he will be selling this fall, 1 Shawn Sease, 1 Cooper, 1 First Choice. Big order from Edmunds---For my garden, 4 Hannah Gorden, 4 Sheila's Perfume, 2 Day Breaker's, 2 Royal Amethyst. For the office garden where I work, 2 Remember Me, 1 Chicago Peace, 1 Big Purple, 1 Electron, 1 Mister Lincoln. For the rose garden at the church where I attend (almost wiped out this past winter), 2 Remember Me, 1 Peace, 1 Chicago Peace, 1 Big Purple, 1 Mister Lincoln, 1 Electron. I'll be making a trip to Roses Unlimited this coming spring and will be picking up 3 OGR's (HP's), soft pink, lavender/purple, white. 1 Summer Snow, 1 Tiki and what ever else happens to jump into my car. WOW!!! I'm glad I went back to work.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

I'm actually decreasing the number of roses I have because of the serious drought situation here, but do have on order for November 14 two tea roses to fill up a big gap in my Tea Rose Row, Duchesse de Brabant and Mme. Antoine Mari. That's not to say I won't find a rose I won't be able to resist, but at the moment the on-line nurseries I frequent are out of many varieties. Hopefully by fall there will be more varieties to look at and covet.

Ingrid

• maria1349
    9 years ago

The Delbard Roses are really nice! Going to get a couple

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Ahh the LIST.....mine is ever changing lol. I start a new one only ever other day and probably will until I actually order or make a trip to Chamblees. But right now I know for sure I want Charlotte, Tamora, Alnwick, Mrs. B R Cant and archduke Charles, and Marriotta, the rest of the list is still under construction :).

• ken-n.ga.mts
    9 years ago

Whoops!! I forgot my up coming mini/miniflora order from Heirloom; 1 Fancy Pants, 1 Giggles, 1Sweet Melody, 1 Sweet Revenge and the miniflora Will-o-the-Wisp.