Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susan4952

Do you ever wonder what we look like?

susan4952
10 years ago

Maybe we should revive this thread in the winter when we are climbing the walls. Several years ago we posted pictures of ourselves . It was interesting to see the faces that went with the names. Anyone game?

Comments (62)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

This is a picture of me taken in April of this year.

{{gwi:317996}}

Ingrid

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is awesome. Ingrid , that blouse is beautiful, and Debbie I want that scarf. See?, dogs and roses...and cats!

• v1rt
    10 years ago

I'm not frequent on this forum. I'm the guy who is dying to have climbing roses on the pergola :)
    Taken Sept 2012.

{{gwi:317997}}

• Tammy Owens
    10 years ago

This was taken last month. I am Tammy O from NC.

• growing_rene2
    10 years ago

Nice to see you all.
    A picture of me threatening my daughter for taking this picture. :-)
    I was taking down 2 horrible box woods!

This post was edited by growing_rene on Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 20:24

• growing_rene2
    10 years ago

...and my little gardening buddy! ...I really need to fix all of these sideways pictures!

This post was edited by growing_rene on Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 20:26

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Awwww. Adorable. This is fun.

• thorngrower sw. ont. z5
    10 years ago

This picture is 5 yrs. old. Christmas at my sisters. Hello everyone....

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I may have a different face but Bonita had my heart. She passed away last Tuesday 8/6/13, after 14 years of love and loyalty. Maryl
    {{gwi:317998}}

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Oh boy, this is fun!! Rosy friends, dogs, and cats are a few of my very favorite things. I'll have to get my daughter to upload some pics of my toy poodle, miniature poodle, yorkshire terrier, my 4 kitties, and me. She is incredibly busy so it may take awhile. Keep the photos coming!! :-)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Nice to meet everyone! Great pet pics! :)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Maryl,
    I'm so sorry about Bonita. She was a beautiful cat. I know what wonderful, faithful companions kitties can be, and how much it hurts to lose them. I hope your roses help a little. Diane

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Thank you Diane for your kind thoughts. We love all our furry companions, but now and then one comes along that earns an extra special place in our hearts. Bonita was such a cat for me.......Now on to the land of the living for the rest of you. Interesting to see who is who (or their Avitar in place of a human face)......Maryl

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maryl, I know just how u feel. Lost my best garden companion and friend a few years ago. Life is not the same without my Nikki. Bonita was a beauty.

• mirendajean (Ireland)
    10 years ago

Here's my big, happy head...

This is "gardening" me...

{{gwi:317999}}

This is me going to work (I sang at a festival behind a castle in a field )

{{gwi:318000}}

This is me befor I "Brittany Spears"ed my hair...some young fella was giving me guff so Iatched off stage to put manners on him. He turned 50 shaded of red.

{{gwi:318001}}

My partner says that if people saw gardening me they wouldn't be as impressed with singing me.

M

10 years ago

Nice to meet you mirendajean...

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lovely, mirendajean. Nothing like Don King!

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lovely, mirendajean. Nothing like Don King!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I love your gorgeous dress, mirendajean. Much nicer than our normal gardening attire. Your work sounds interesting and quite glamorous. Diane

• mirendajean (Ireland)
    10 years ago

It's nice to meet you guys too. I like seeing what everyone looks like...and all the gardening helpers. My helper is currently howling because there is a female nearby in heAt. I'll post a pic when he looks less sad.

Diane - one of those jobs that sounds glamorous but in reality is a job like any other. I had to navigate 2 acres of that field in heels while avoiding some lovely cow manure to get to the stage. I love my work but I think I love my roses more.

Susan - :-) I remembered to comb my hair those days. This is a lovely thread.

Jim - I'm allergic to you! It ok though, I've taken an antihistamine so it's lovely to meet you too.

• altorama Ray
    10 years ago

I always said I would never be one of those people who posed with their cats so here I am posing with a cat.

{{gwi:297331}}

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol. Altorama. Me too!

• altorama Ray
    10 years ago

Haha :)

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Altorama, re: "I sang at a festival behind a castle in a field" Awesome, hon!! I just LOVE the concept behind it!!! :-)

Maryl, I know just what you mean. There are certain animal buddies that get deep, deep down into our souls. I'm sooo sorry about your sweet, babykins Bonita. (((((hugs)))), darling.

LOL, Jim. You just behave your bad self, mister!!! ;-)

And everone else here, thanks for showing us your beautiful selves!! (((((hugs))))) I'm just totally loving this!! :-)

• deervssteve
    10 years ago

In disguise.

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Well now, Deervssteve, I should have known you'd look like this!! (I remember your thread when you first posted this pic.) LOL ;-)

• Tuggy3
    10 years ago

I look like Tuggy, the one in the middle having a bad ear day.

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOLOL. No fair. Thought I was the only psycho with 3 dogs?

• Jim_in_AV
    10 years ago

Mr. Brimley and myself (Mr. Brimley is the Peke).

10 years ago

Nice to meet you Jim & you too Mr Brimley! :)
    And Tuggy pets....

• DouglassLoop
    10 years ago

Me with my trusty gardening partner :-)

• kentstar
    10 years ago

I'm the second one from the left, well a few years ago and I haven't changed much lol! The others are my sisters as we celebrated at my folks 50th anniversary party!

• QuestioningSerenity
    10 years ago

I guess I can jump in too :)

I'd just chopped off my hair, hence this pic.

• Holly Kline
    10 years ago

Well well, faces to put to posts! This is me at the Philadelphia Flower Show this past March.

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This post is totally cute!

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Me and my sweetie of 43 years at the Biltmore this past spring. I was too early for the rose garden but the spring bulbs were beautiful! Lesley

10 years ago

Great posts everyone! Nice to meet ya all! :)

• greentiger87
    10 years ago

I'm not a regular, but here's me in any case :P

• mirendajean (Ireland)
    10 years ago

I'm with Jim. It's lovely to meet you all!

• Tuggy3
    10 years ago

We've got some real cuties on this forum. Love the friends and family pics too.

Yeah three dogs is a little psycho, especially three of these vet prone types, but you hear a sad story about the little guy that nobody wants and then you end up with three.
    Here is us for real.

Mary

• kstrong
    10 years ago

Sorry, this is a work photo, but it will have to do. I don't want too many pics online in unflattering gardening gear because they would inevitably show up in my work when I least wanted them to. Am a lawyer by day.

• Alwayzbgrateful
    10 years ago

Well this is me :-) after a long, long day. Trying to look somewhat decent for my hubby

• Alwayzbgrateful
    10 years ago

Sorry I don't know how in the world I ended up posting my pic sideways!?! Lol!

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Me in the 60's

10 years ago

he he he love that hippy look Susan.....LOL

Nice to meet everyone! :)

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    10 years ago

Susan, your picture made me laugh out loud.

• roseseek
    10 years ago

If you used an iPhone for the sideways photo, it's probably the culprit. My sisters and brother in law continually send me images from their iPhones and they're always sideways. Kim

• susan4952
    Original Author
    10 years ago

After a great rose flush, laughter is the best!

• nummykitchen
    10 years ago

How fun to meet everyone! Must have missed this, wasn't around too much in August!

Here is me this morning after dropping my little ones off for their first day of school!

{{gwi:318002}}

Here are said little ones...my favorite garden helpers on their first day of school!
    {{gwi:318003}}

They grow up too fast!!

Andrea

10 years ago

Nice to meet you nummykitchen! :)