Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minflick

Replacement for Cl Cecille Brunner�

minflick
10 years ago

I've been convinced that Cl Cecille Brunner will have to move from the front of my 1 story house because it's too crazy big to fit. Where to put Ms. Brunner isn't the issue here. I need ideas on what to put in the big blank spot it's going to leave in front of my house! Picture is this past April, gearing up to bloom. Bush is bigger now...

House faces east, so sun starts at dawn, and no direct sun much after noon - but that bed is quite a hot spot in warm weather (things have crisped and died before). Very tall trees on the property to the south, so shade from them later in the day is the reason sun is gone by 2 p.m. South side of the house is a side drive to the propane tank, so if things go there they have to be espaliered! I'm in the Santa Cruz Mountains (USDA 9b, Sunset 7, heat zone 3.4), so not horribly hot or cold. I have Golden Celebration by the door, on the same front wall of the house, and Frontier Twirl (very short so far) in front of GC. There are tall bearded iris in front of Cl CB, in lavender and white to deepest purple. At the very front are some deep pink and cherry red dianthus. Sprinkled around are blue cornflowers and California poppies and scabiosa in white to deep burgundy.

I'd prefer to keep the same basic pastel pink, but it doesn't HAVE to be a solid pink, it could be a blend. I'd prefer larger double blooms (not super fond of the singles). I WANT a nice fragrance, and WANT rebloom (Cl CB hasn't rebloomed here for me, but did in a much warmer friends yard, so I know it can) I want it to mostly cover the front of the house, so approximately 7-8 feet tall? I'd prefer fewer thorns if possible, but not a DQ for me. It needs to allow me to train it up against the house, it can't demand to be globular and full figured (it would take over too much of the bed, as well as block sun to other things)

Here's what I already have:
Blush Noisette - ROY&T (sparse and sporadic rebloom)
Cl Cecille Brunner - H Depot
Cornelia - ROY&T (no rebloom so far)
Gold Glow - Costco
Golden Celebration - Regan
Frontier Twirl - ROY&T
Louise Odier - ROY&T (no rebloom so far)
Madame Alfred Carriere - ROY&T
Maid of Honor - Costco (probably SPing soon, it's fugly)
Monsieur Tillier - ROY&T (reblooms in flushes, darker than I want on the house)
Oklahoma - local nursery
Rock & Roll - Regan
Sombreuil - ROY&T (sparse rebloom in flushes)
The Porcelain Rose - new band from Long Ago Roses

Melinda

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz