Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

posting photos online (also for Zyperiris)

serenasyh
14 years ago

For those who have struggled to post photos online I am grabbing some of Jim1961's ideas and some of my own in case there is anyone here who may not know how to post photos.

Part I: set up a Photobucket account. Make sure your photos are the maximum size of 800 pixels x 600pixels. However 600x400/640x480 is the usual standard. Then upload your photos into photobucket.

Part II:

1. go to your photo album. Mouse over the photo you want. A hand symbol should appear and a yellow box with the words, HTML code.

2. copy the code in your HTML code and paste into your message.

3. go to the next photo you want. Mouse over that photo. Select the HTML code on that yellow box, copy and paste into the second line of your message. So on and so forth.

Here is a screen shot of the yellow box. Notice how the other photos don't have this box showing up. The reason why is because the mouse is only hovering above that specific image. Each time you mouse over a different thumbnail, that yellow box will show up directly beneath that thumbnail.

Comments (8)

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

Wow!! That's really helpful!! Great going!

Carol

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carol, I'm glad you found the screenshots helpful. I notice that there are rose expert people here (the ones that grow 100+ roses) but we never get to see their lovely roses. Jim started helping out Rosemeadow at the Rose Gallery in terms of easy ways to post photos. She is from Australia and has the most incredible roses, and they're a real treat to finally get to see because many are Antique and Tea roses, roses which I rarely get to see. I thought well, sometimes screen shots can be easier to visualize, so I thought I'd go ahead and post this thread just in case there was someone here who wasn't sure about how to post photos.

I actually just put in Zyperiris, because last time when she mentioned she didn't know how to put up her photos, I emailed her a wayyyyy too complicated, frustrating way. You see my background is 3D animation and graphics, and I type in HTML code for web design. So silly me gave her code instructions instead of the easy Photobucket way. I still type out HTML code (I'm a fast typist, LOL!)unless I'm in a real hurry because the code is clean. Photobucket's code has a lot of unnecessary extras in it. Most people, other than web designers, can't tell the difference and doing it the Photobucket way saves so much time.

• liza070831
    14 years ago

now I am completely confused. I tried to use photobucket but came to a dead end. What is HTML code and where do you find it and where do you post it. How would I just take pictures from my computer and post them here. (a complete novice at this)

• daisy735
    14 years ago

You don't want to hear this but I don't have anything yellow or a little hand symbol on my photobucket site. Maybe they are not all the same? I have to find HTML code, go to my tool bar top of my page under the arrow and copy, paste into my message. I have to have both pages open. Maybe this is why its difficult for some of us to post pictures; maybe there are differences with our accounts?Frustrating. Thank you for your suggestions Serenasyh-I am looking to discover a shorter route to get where I'm going. I know this isn't a computer class so I will confirm, this is really about ROSES! {{gwi:318305}}

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Daisy, Photobucket actually has THREE Ways to post photos. Four, actually for web designers like myself. What's fantastic about computers is that there's alllll kinds of ways to do things. The thumbnail mouse-over just happens to be a shortcut when you have multiple photos you want to post (less screens, saves time) instead of having to back-track for each individual photo. I just included this shortcut because it is the fastest.

By the way, the hand symbol and the yellow box only appear when you mouse-over a thumbnail image. As soon as you mouse over a different thumbnail, the hand symbol and yellow box disappear and reappears over that particular thumbnail. Try hovering your mouse over each thumbnail and see what happens. You should see that yellow box move across each of those particular thumbnails.

Lovely roses, by the way, daisy!

I will go ahead and post a step by step screenshot for Liza in the meantime...

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi, Liza! what you need to do is sign up for Photobucket. Transfer your photos into the computer.

Go to My Albums at the top of the screen. Then start uploading your photos. This is what you should be seeing.

Once you hit the upload button a new screen will pop up.

Select return to album at the bottom of the page.

The next screen that comes up will be your album with the thumbnail images.

You should see small thumbnails of every image that you have uploaded. Mouse over any of these thumbnails and you should see the yellow box pop up. When you see the yellow box, mouse down to the HTML code shown in the screenshot. Copy the HTML code, then paste it into your message.
    When you preview your message you can see your entire message with the accompanying photo.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Testing! Testing

{{gwi:318307}}

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Frederic Mistrel, Electron and Yves Piaget

{{gwi:318307}}

Frederic Mistral, Electron and Yes Piaget
    {{gwi:318308}}

Yves Piaget

{{gwi:318309}}

Yves Piaget
    {{gwi:318310}}

L.D. Braithwaite
    {{gwi:318311}}

My beginning garden with standing cage of petunias

{{gwi:318312}}

wheelbarrow picture I didn't want to include, but my daughter spent 45 minutes doing pictures for me, and said, "too bad" LOL

{{gwi:318313}}

Me (right in front of bumblebee hive opening under deck. John Davis, salvia, scabosia
    {{gwi:318314}}

Paradise

{{gwi:318315}}

Memorial Day

{{gwi:318316}}

Memorial Day

{{gwi:318317}}

Paradise Found

{{gwi:318318}}

Julio Iglesias

{{gwi:318319}}

Julio Iglesias

{{gwi:318320}}

This is incredibly complicated - at least to me!! LOL My lovely 14 year old daughter did this for me, but it took FOREVER!!! So buckets (get it - photo bucket!!) of thanks to my daughter!!!

I have a greater appreciation for all of you regular posters!!

Carol