Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mutant Ninja Rose

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 15:30

I found this guy on my Appleblossom Flower Carpet yesterday. I can't find anything on whether or not AFC is a sport so I don't know if this is a reversion or a sport itself. There's a couple of other buds on the cane so I'll be interested to see what color they are and will mark that cane for future reference. I do remember seeing the bud a few days ago and thinking it looked more red than I recalled the buds being but I didn't photograph it..

Appleblossom sport photo 2014_08100011_zpsc5bfc5b7.jpg

Appleblossom sport photo 2014_08100010_zpsd58138f7.jpg

Appleblossom sport photo 2014_08100009_zpsaa48c629.jpg

This what it normally looks like.
Appleblossom Flower Carpet photo 2014_08100008_zps56bd6c7c.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mutant Ninja Rose

I have a hedge of the original Flower Carpet rose which was planted about 20 years ago. That color is exactly what it is and has always been, so my guess would be that yours is reverting.

Jackie

o

Per Help Me Find, Apple Blossom is a sport of the original Flower Carpet. Yours seems to be reverting to the original. Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Apple Blossom Flower Carpet

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 16:47

Lol, I swear I read through all that patent stuff twice and never saw the "sport" reference under it! It probably won't repeat it but it's fun to find these anomalies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here