Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bad Picture, Great Rose

Posted by Jim_in_AV none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 16:33

So, got back from my East Coast vacation not expecting much from my desert rose garden. Lasting Love is defying the scorching summer here. This bush is in the shadiest part of my garden, along with Just Joey. Granted, most of the blooms are on their way out but this rose floors me with it's ability to bloom in this heat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bad Picture, Great Rose

Welcome home! Lasting Love was also great in the Palisades, Jim. I guess you should kind of expect it would be good there. It was selected because of how well it performed in Chino and Wasco. Kim

o

I love the color!
Susan

o

It smells REALLY good, too! Kim

o

Kim, it does smell great and no bare legs. A parent of Firefighter, I believe, too.

o

Also I think the best smelly red hybrid tea for coastal fog. An all-around winner, and one I recommend to folks often. Never mildews, which is unusual for any of the red hybrid teas.

Wish it were a brighter, truer red. That's really it's only drawback. Healthy bloomerific beast here in San Juan Capistrano.

This post was edited by kstrong on Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 17:42

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here