Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Softer Pinks

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

Until recently I had never grown the softer pink shades of roses and I love their delicate look. Here are some samples I have.

Do you have any colors you are especially enjoying?

First one is Royal Highness

Comments (44)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Souvenir de la Mailmaison

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Meredith

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And even Tiffany is on the softer side sometimes.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

those are all gorgeous, Sara! I love that Meredith!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

I don't have many soft pinks, but a couple are beauties. I'd also include Mystic Beauty, but it is a near-clone of Souvenir de la Malmaison, so you have that one covered.

Pretty Jessica--This Austin's buds are always fat and fully packed!
    {{gwi:207540}}

Anne Boleyn--not the strongest blooming Austin in my yard, but I do love its delicate pink shades--with just a touch of yellow.
    {{gwi:207547}}

Queen of Sweden--This Austin has a light flush of apricot in the center, but is still definitely a soft pink.
    {{gwi:207544}}

Love your soft pinks, Sara.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Seil - Meredith is a fairly good rose for me and it has a nice fragrance too. It's a Carruth rose, but apparently not as well known as some of his.

Thank you Kate - Those are all gorgeous, love your Pretty Jessica and every time I see Queen of Sweden, I know it's one I just have to have, it's so beautiful! Looks lovely with the clematis.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 22:23

• lesmc
    9 years ago

Oh, Sara-Ann, these roses are so sweet..soft and lovely. Your roses are so healthyâ¦.I love to see your pictures. This is a hard time to have roses in our zone. So hot and dry. I have considered Meredith..might have to order her. Lesley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lesley - Thank you so much. Right now most of my roses aren't doing that great either, the heat really diminishes the size of most of them. I've been missing seeing your roses this year, you have some lovely ones.

It dawned on me that at times Belinda's Dream is a very soft pink.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Ooooooooh I soooooo love the softer colors. Love the pinks and peaches and creamy colors. Every rose on here is PURRRTAY!! I have lots of colors but am partial to them. Keep em coming. I may post a few. Here's The Alnwick.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Anne boleyn

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Quietness

• ctnguyen1
    9 years ago

I love all these roses :) where did you all buy them from?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Wedgewood

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Hey ctnguyen! My roses came from a local nursery or Chamblees! I have about 4 or 5 local nurseries that carry lots of roses each spring!!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Wow!!! I love pinks!!! Those are so soft looking. :)

Here are some of my pinks I WAS enjoying. Notice the past tense - we had about 2 inches of hail in our yard. The winds blew my neighbor's table off their raised deck and smashed the table apart. I am not a happy camper - roses are a disaster. Anyway - enough of a rant.
    Here's Memorial Day.

• ctnguyen1
    9 years ago

thanks, prettypetals .. i have a few rose bushes but nothing as spectacular as these .. absolutely beautiful!!!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Prettypetals - You have some lovely roses there, they all look wonderful! Carol - Your Memorial Day looks lovely. So sorry the hail storm has damaged your roses, mother nature doesn't play fair, does she?

Prettypetals - You are so fortunate to be near several good nurseries. Nearly all of my roses are mail order, I do enjoy the search and fortunately there are several great sources.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Hey Sara Ann! The majority of mine have come from mail order but the last few yrs our local, and to me local is anything within an hour drive, lol, has carried lots of the varieties I love. I am fortunate for that for sure. Canadian rose your Memorial Day is beautiful. Take care, Judy

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Everyone thanks for sharing your pictures!

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

My Heritage is a beautiful soft pink and smells yummy too!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Boncrow - Those are lovely. The list of light pink roses I would love to try is endless.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    9 years ago

Sweet Surrender is an older HT which you don't hear much about. It is a beautiful shade of clear light pink.

{{gwi:238457}}

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Oh mercy me!! That Sweet Surrender needs to come to my yard. Looooove it!! Boncrow I love my heritage too. Pretty pretty!!!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

I agree - Sweet Surrender looks fantastic!! Any fragrance?
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Harryshoe - Your Sweet Surrender is so pretty! I plan to get it again. Carol - It is a very fragrant rose.

I've had lighter pinks through the years, here and there, but never had very many at once, I love them!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Sara I love mixing the soft peachy apricots with my soft pinks. Some are a blend of both colors and Wowzers they be PURRRTAY!!!!!

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

Everyone is looking "pretty in pink"!!! I've got quite a few soft pinks. Here are a some of my favorites:

Another shot of Sweet Surrender, but after she's gone her signature "pancake" flat:

{{gwi:320073}}

Souvenir de St Anne's (sport of SdlM with an even better fragrance to my nose)

{{gwi:320074}}

Falling in Love

{{gwi:320075}}

Blossomtime

{{gwi:320076}}

Scepter'd Isle

{{gwi:320077}}

Clotilde Soupert

{{gwi:320079}}

Marchesa Boccella

{{gwi:320080}}

Marie Van Houtte

{{gwi:320081}}

Maman Cochet

{{gwi:320082}}

Natchitoches Noisette

{{gwi:320083}}

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pat - Those are gorgeous. I love Marchesa Boccella. Actually, I love all of them. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing your roses so much!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Those are gorgeous Pat!! I found a body bag for $3 at Dollar General of Marchessa and couldn't resist. Almost died on me and has only bloomed once so still haven't decided if it's her. Budded up though so I will know hopefully in a week or two. Judy

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen so many luscious roses together in one thread. I just want to gather them up into a huge bouquet and bury my face in the center of it, and forget that January is out there. I couldn't pick a favorite out of all these lovelies.
    Since I post my photos one by one, I'll try to limit my pinks to just a few. I do love pink. Diane
    First, a bouquet of Colette and PAK.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Tamora, looking pink in this photo. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

A little Dainty Bess. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Eglantyne. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Evelyn, in one of her pinker modes. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Lastly, a tarted up Augusta Luise. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Diane - Those are so lovely, you have some real beauties, love that bouquet. Eglantyne and Augusta Luise are breathtaking!. Thanks for sharing. I am so ready for rose season!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

Thanks, Sara-Ann. This is such a lovely thread. Your SDLM and Tiffany really stand out. I've never seen Tiffany so soft and pretty looking. I need to get my Photobucket thing caught up so I can post pics all at once. Must get to it.
    Thanks again for starting this thread--it's a breath of freshness in January. Diane

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Lovely pictures, thank you all so much. There would be no way to pick out just one favorite; they're all so beautiful.

Ingrid

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

I have enjoyed looking at all these beautiful pink roses again, I think I must have Clotilde soupert! And the Alnwick and marchessa bocella and well you get the picture.....all of them lol.

• kittymoonbeam
    9 years ago

I never saw Tamora like that. Mine was always apricot or darker.

I love the changeable color of some roses

• jjpeace (zone 5b Canada)
    9 years ago

I would never admit it in person but I prefer this range of pink in roses. The combination of soft pink on roses in my opinion projects a feeling of romance, innocence and feminity. Soft pink make roses seems much more delicate than any other colour. I do not like stronger pinks in roses for some reasons because they seems harsh in my eyes.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    9 years ago

Oh, I am a sucker for a pink rose. I just love the combination of pink petals, green foliage and a white vase or background or fence. Makes my heart go pitter patter!

Let's see what I can add to this wonderful thread.

Sherifa Asma

{{gwi:2120860}}

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    9 years ago

The Alnwick Rose is so beautiful, old fashioned, and elegant looking. Ahhhh another one for the wishlist this year lol.

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

What a gorgeous thread! I love them all. Every rose is a beauty! I have never known Marchesa Boccella but after seeing your pic, Pat, I wish I have it grown in my garden. What a rare treat!