Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Softer Pinks

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 18:11

Until recently I had never grown the softer pink shades of roses and I love their delicate look. Here are some samples I have.

Do you have any colors you are especially enjoying?

First one is Royal Highness

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Softer Pinks

Souvenir de la Mailmaison

o

Meredith

o

And even Tiffany is on the softer side sometimes.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 18:24

those are all gorgeous, Sara! I love that Meredith!

o

I don't have many soft pinks, but a couple are beauties. I'd also include Mystic Beauty, but it is a near-clone of Souvenir de la Malmaison, so you have that one covered.

Pretty Jessica--This Austin's buds are always fat and fully packed!
Pretty Jessica (Austin)--spring '12 photo jessica4-25-12.jpg

Anne Boleyn--not the strongest blooming Austin in my yard, but I do love its delicate pink shades--with just a touch of yellow.
Anne Boleyn (Austin)--spring '12 photo boleyn-4-25-12.jpg

Queen of Sweden--This Austin has a light flush of apricot in the center, but is still definitely a soft pink.
Queen of Sweden (Austin) with blue clematis photo queen5april2012.jpg

Love your soft pinks, Sara.

Kate

o

Thank you Seil - Meredith is a fairly good rose for me and it has a nice fragrance too. It's a Carruth rose, but apparently not as well known as some of his.

Thank you Kate - Those are all gorgeous, love your Pretty Jessica and every time I see Queen of Sweden, I know it's one I just have to have, it's so beautiful! Looks lovely with the clematis.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 22:23

o

Oh, Sara-Ann, these roses are so sweet..soft and lovely. Your roses are so healthy….I love to see your pictures. This is a hard time to have roses in our zone. So hot and dry. I have considered Meredith..might have to order her. Lesley

o

Lesley - Thank you so much. Right now most of my roses aren't doing that great either, the heat really diminishes the size of most of them. I've been missing seeing your roses this year, you have some lovely ones.

It dawned on me that at times Belinda's Dream is a very soft pink.

o

Ooooooooh I soooooo love the softer colors. Love the pinks and peaches and creamy colors. Every rose on here is PURRRTAY!! I have lots of colors but am partial to them. Keep em coming. I may post a few. Here's The Alnwick.

o

Anne boleyn

o

Quietness

o

I love all these roses :) where did you all buy them from?

o

Wedgewood

o

Hey ctnguyen! My roses came from a local nursery or Chamblees! I have about 4 or 5 local nurseries that carry lots of roses each spring!!

o

Wow!!! I love pinks!!! Those are so soft looking. :)

Here are some of my pinks I WAS enjoying. Notice the past tense - we had about 2 inches of hail in our yard. The winds blew my neighbor's table off their raised deck and smashed the table apart. I am not a happy camper - roses are a disaster. Anyway - enough of a rant.
Here's Memorial Day.

o

thanks, prettypetals .. i have a few rose bushes but nothing as spectacular as these .. absolutely beautiful!!!

o

Prettypetals - You have some lovely roses there, they all look wonderful! Carol - Your Memorial Day looks lovely. So sorry the hail storm has damaged your roses, mother nature doesn't play fair, does she?

Prettypetals - You are so fortunate to be near several good nurseries. Nearly all of my roses are mail order, I do enjoy the search and fortunately there are several great sources.

o

Hey Sara Ann! The majority of mine have come from mail order but the last few yrs our local, and to me local is anything within an hour drive, lol, has carried lots of the varieties I love. I am fortunate for that for sure. Canadian rose your Memorial Day is beautiful. Take care, Judy

o

Everyone thanks for sharing your pictures!

o

My Heritage is a beautiful soft pink and smells yummy too!

o

Boncrow - Those are lovely. The list of light pink roses I would love to try is endless.

o

Sweet Surrender is an older HT which you don't hear much about. It is a beautiful shade of clear light pink.

Sweet Surrender - Hybrid Tea Rose photo DSCF0037_zpscbde82c5.jpg

o

Oh mercy me!! That Sweet Surrender needs to come to my yard. Looooove it!! Boncrow I love my heritage too. Pretty pretty!!!

o

I agree - Sweet Surrender looks fantastic!! Any fragrance?
Carol

o

Harryshoe - Your Sweet Surrender is so pretty! I plan to get it again. Carol - It is a very fragrant rose.

I've had lighter pinks through the years, here and there, but never had very many at once, I love them!

o

Sara I love mixing the soft peachy apricots with my soft pinks. Some are a blend of both colors and Wowzers they be PURRRTAY!!!!!

o

Everyone is looking "pretty in pink"!!! I've got quite a few soft pinks. Here are a some of my favorites:

Another shot of Sweet Surrender, but after she's gone her signature "pancake" flat:

photo ss0601a_zps4b81640f.jpg

Souvenir de St Anne's (sport of SdlM with an even better fragrance to my nose)

photo ssa0718_zps444cbd1f.jpg

Falling in Love

photo fil0605d_zps8e4143f0.jpg

Blossomtime

photo bt0428b_zpsdc327a0d.jpg

Scepter'd Isle

photo si0717c_zps33b6b1b5.jpg

Clotilde Soupert

photo clotilde0522a_zpsb860fb71.jpg

Marchesa Boccella

photo mb0728a_zps3ac599a8.jpg

Marie Van Houtte

photo mvh0724_zpsc90d2dc0.jpg

Maman Cochet

photo mc0728a_zps4549947f.jpg

Natchitoches Noisette

photo nn0614f_zpsbe1dab2e.jpg

o

Pat - Those are gorgeous. I love Marchesa Boccella. Actually, I love all of them. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing your roses so much!

o

Those are gorgeous Pat!! I found a body bag for $3 at Dollar General of Marchessa and couldn't resist. Almost died on me and has only bloomed once so still haven't decided if it's her. Budded up though so I will know hopefully in a week or two. Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here