Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Let Freedom Ring, Firefighter

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 18:50

A couple of my reds are blooming today. It was a little overcast earlier this afternoon and I was able to capture the red a little better than usual on Let Freedom Ring. Seems like it is going to be vigorous, but WOW it has a lot of thorns!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Let Freedom Ring, Firefighter

I think Firefighter is a lovely red, love the bloom shape and the fragrance!

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 20:41

o

Wow those are some nice reds Sara Ann!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 11:49

Those are both beautiful, Sara! And what at great comparison of the two. It really shows off the differences in color and form well.

o

Sara, beautiful roses! Let Freedom Ring is one of my favorites, but your picture of Firefighter could make me reconsider.

o

Yeah baby! Firefighter all the way! Love this rose - great fragrance, lots of blooms, no disease with minimal spraying. Got mine from Angel Gardens in Florida.

o

So glad I got Firefighter!! So far, it's tiny with only one bloom. But wait till next year!!
Thanks for the look!!!
Carol

o

Thanks everyone. I like them both, and despite what I previously thought, LFR does have a nice light fragrance. Grandmothers, I am glad to know that your Firefighter has lots of blooms, lots of fragrant red blooms, sounds wonderful. Seil - I agree, the pictures are a good way to compare the difference between the two. Kentucky_rose, it is hard to decide on a favorite for me. Carol - Last year my Firefighter did very little, but this year is much better, hopefully next year it will be great!

o

• Posted by elks US5 Can6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 6:56

Carol,

Where did you get Firefighter in Canada?

Steve

o

Another bloom of Let Freedom Ring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here