Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arbutusomnedo

Intertwining Pillar Roses on One Pillar/Support

Hey Y'all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience growing two pillar roses up the same support? I've definitely seen pictures of it, but it seems like one would need to pick very complimentary roses -in terms of appearance, growth habit, disease resistance, a once blooming rose with a remontant rose, et cet.-when attempting this.

The effect is incredibly striking and I would just like to hear your thoughts on the potential negatives (e.g. tangling, roses strangling each other, lack of airflow, ...) and positives of this growing strategy. I happen to be about a mile from the beach in very mild Santa Monica. I've been planning for a series of three pillar roses to go on the path towards the front door and this idea has really captivated me. If you have any recommendations for pillar roses (preferably around 10', but 12' or so is manageable) in this area I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thus far, Gloire des Rosomanes, Cornelia, and Setzer Noisette -if I can ever find it- seem like very fitting choices for pillars here. I would probably prefer OGRs, but I'm open to about anything. I'm also fairly open as regards color, but im generally looking for options that are pink, white/cream, yellow, and red.

Thanks for any and all help, everyone's experience here is truly priceless.

Cheers,
Jay

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living