Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raspberry Cream Twirl

Posted by Kippy-the-Hippy 10 Sunset 24 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 21:32

Has anyone grown Raspberry Cream Twirl?

Any comments? Likes? Dislikes?

There is a beautiful one at the local nursery as a 5g staked climber for $23 end of the season sale.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raspberry Cream Twirl

Hi Kippy,

I grown it...and it's awesome...but i think this Raspberry Cream Twirl Rose behaved well in Winter.

let me tell you about Raspberry Cream Twirl Rose.

-Raspberry Cream Twirl is the first striped climber with a classic rose exhibition type flower
-The striping is consistent and the plant has better than average disease resistance for a striped rose.
-Large, very full, cuplike blooms are deep pink splashed and striped with varying degrees of cool white. Robust vigorous plants filled with dark green, very glossy foliage flower abundantly throughout the season
-Fragrance: Slight green apple.
-The flowers have more than 100 petals each.
-Raspberry Cream Twirl's color is a medium to deep pink streaked with white and light pink.
-Thornless

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 11:11

Oh wow, what a beautiful rose and thornless!

o

5g for $23? I'd say that's more than a bargain. That is a gorgeous rose!!! Did you get it Kippy?
Susan

o

What a beauty! Does it repeat well?

o

Not a good rose in my garden. Dunno why.

Btw, all of the info and the picture on the prior post came from Star Roses marketing blurb on that rose. I usually take all of that info with a grain (or maybe two) of salt.

Shrey.Jagma, do you grow this rose?

Here is a link that might be useful: Star Roses on Raspberry Cream Twirl

o

I got it and planted it!

This part of the ad is correct for what I see (have not cut open and counted the petals but the count is high)
-Large, very full, cuplike blooms are deep pink splashed and striped with varying degrees of cool white. Robust vigorous plants filled with dark green, very glossy foliage flower abundantly throughout the season
-Fragrance: Slight green apple.
-The flowers have more than 100 petals each.
-Raspberry Cream Twirl's color is a medium to deep pink streaked with white and light pink.
-Thornless

Very green glossy, foliage and I can smell the apple scent. And other than the lowest sections of the main canes, smooth as a babies bottom. Smooooth.

Susan, they have rows of climbers for that price. If I did not already have one, I would have bought one of the CL Cecile Brunners because all of them were reblooming.

One of the guys that helps me regularly said that they have to close the field one day a week per the ag dept to spray should they need to. They do spray some times with fungicide but he said that this time of year they just close it to make the Ag dept happy as they are done spraying. Considering all the fog, some roses look horrible and some look happy (Colette came home too) The have a large back lot and roses not sold now will be held and grown for next year or potted up and sold for a higher rate.

KStrong, what is it doing or not doing in your yard? I put it in the spot (or near the spot) where we had removed the sickly RMV white rose. It is not a great match with Don Juan, but looks good with the rest of the roses right there and the buds are closer to the deep red of Don so I am pretending the clash does not bother me. It will get more morning-mid day sun and skip the end of the day sun also rather wind protected. Maybe that will help it?

o

I'm spoiled by the other stripey climbers that are doing better than that one. I'm partial to Berries N Cream, CandyLand and Fourth of July, all of which are bloom-happy, grow-happy roses and this one is just sitting there, green, not growing much and not blooming.

However, RCT is only a two-year old for me, so I will give it time, whereas the others are established.

o

Kippy I'm so glad you got it. That is my kind of rose!
It is just beautiful.
The local rose choices are so pathetic here. It really is pitiful. I checked HMF and it shows no US mail order nurseries offering this rose.
If you come across it online would you let me know?
So pretty.
Susan

o

Bought one just a month ago.
Mine cost a lot more- 5gl/$40.00. So it is a good deal. Did not have any trouble with it from the get go. Transplanted from pot went well. Likes a lot of water in the beginning.

o

Hey just thought I'd chime in here , I bought a raspberry cream twirl rose (two actually; -) and both are doing so well I had to get another. I got mine from a trusted EBay seller Riobay roses. They sell star rose starting around 9.99 of course bids go up from there. I've found this buyer from someone else here on Gardenweb (sorry forgot who recommended them) but I've been ordering for a while now and haven't had any issue's. They look like bareroots just bigger, most everyone else sells @that price for bands, so I took a chance a boy am I glad I did! Anywhoo they also have Dark Knight for sale too in case someone else is looking. Good luck I hope u get one!

o

Sorry I just realized I sound like I'm advertising Riobay, but I promise Im not. I just wanted to let yall know of a trustworthy ebay seller with some difficult to find roses. Hope it helps!

o

Wow!!
Looks fantastic!!!
Carol

o

Alwayz, is RCT own-root or grafted?

o

The ones I got from ebay (riobay roses) are own root, they sell some grafted and some own root. All the roses are clearly noted so anyone looking can tell what's what. Hope that helps!!

o

As a matter of fact I just bid on all american magic, julio inglesias, and Dark knight!

o

Hey Poorbutroserich, I tried to send u an email so u can get one of these guys, but cant seem to send any messages. I hope u got one!!

o

Hey Poorbutroserich, I tried to send u an email so u can get one of these guys, but cant seem to send any messages. I hope u got one!!

o

Thanks Alwayz! I will check them out.
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here