Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is There Such a Rose

Posted by joycekh Ontario, Canada (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 22:43

I would like to know if there is a rose with the name Charles, or Charlie in it. Instead of sending flowers to a funeral, I like to give a rosebush, that will continue to bloom on.
Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is There Such a Rose

What zone will the rose need to live in?

I have an Archduke Charles, but would not like Canada I don't think

o

You are in luck. Charles Albanel is a Canadian Explorer. It is a hybrid rugosa which is a bit nonstandard. Go to helpmefind/com/roses and search for roses with Charles in the name. Charles Austin and Charles Augustus are also listed.

Here is a link that might be useful: helpmefind.com/rose search charles

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 0:24

think about if the receivers are gardeners...are they going to want to take care of such a gift? make it easy for them at what must be a difficult time.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 13:05

There are a lot of roses with Charles or Charlie in the name. Some would be better than others in your zone. One that would stay fairly small and should be fairly easy to care for is the Ralph Moore mini, Charlie Brown. Check with Burlington Nursery to see if she has it available right now.

If you are looking for roses the best place to do searches is at Help Me Find Roses. Just google it. If you find one you think you want come back here and ask us about it. We'll let you know if it will survive an Ontario winter or not.

o

A HelpMeFind link for Charles Albanel

Here is a link that might be useful: Charles Albanel

o

Charles Albaniel is not much of a looker but will survive your zone. I think Charles de Mills might be a better choice; fragrant and very double, but only once blooming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here