Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noacceptance772

So-much-success!!

noacceptance772
9 years ago

Hello you all!!!
So I woke up today and decided to have a look at my neglected R.Multiflora cuttings... ('>>)
And then I saw that one of them was callousing at where I removed one of the lower buds (under the soil to prevent suckers) but was not callousing where the roots were meant to come from.
HOWEVER, I looked at the other, and it is callousing where the roots are intended to be! that means I will have to stop neglecting them now and give them some extra care if I want success! :D

On the other hand, I decided to have a look at the mini rose tree I did a while ago.
I removed the florist tape and was given a surprise! Both buds, that of the beautiful white florist hybrid tea and the red Californian Freedom rose have both knitted to the rootstock of the rose tree!
What a wonderful surprise!!
Only the bud of the white rose is a bit wrinkly, but it is still lusciously green, so is the bud of the freedom rose :)
Now, I am going to snip off the mini rose with the part of the root stock that lies above the buds and remove some of the cambium layer and shove it in some soaked florist foam and see what happens. :) Here are some photos:

Comments (3)