Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kes4753

Thank You!

Kes Z 7a E Tn
10 years ago

My computer time is limited and there are days when I just don't have time to get online. I feel badly that I've left some topics that I began before I could let everyone know how helpful they were to me.

Thanks for the suggestion that maybe my Prairie Sunrise rose was affected by a storm and that was what caused its roots to give way and the plant to nearly fall over. After some detective work I decided this must be the cause. This summer we have had record rainfall, with a year's worth of rain in the first six months. I've had this rose for 2 yrs and have moved it twice so it hasn't been in this spot for more than 7-8 mos.. Mostly my drainage is pretty good but the rose isn't far from our spouting that needed to be cleaned and overflowed a few times too often, apparently. PS seems to have recovered and has started to do OK again so I'm very happy.

Next, for my grandbaby's little playhouse garden- Thank you all for your suggestions! I went to HMF to look up so many things that I didn't feel right about it and I now subscribe to it. I also have my own pot ghetto although I'm not sure how I feel about that. I feel like I'm singlehandedly keeping rose growers everywhere in business, due to this and other projects. And thanks, Kim, for recommending Burlington. She did indeed have many of my selections or will be getting them later. My order got here in good time and are all thriving. I think that I will post about my progress and the little garden later when I have more time.

But most of all, thank you all for generously sharing with the readers here. I didn't have to ask so many questions myself because someone else usually had a similar problem. The most important thing I learned here was that roses exist that will be happy here and that I won't need a PhD in alternate life forms to keep them alive. Maybe I need to start with the right rose and then I'll be a whole lot happier with the result.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back.

Comments (4)