Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank You!

Posted by Kes4353 7 E TN (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 11:41

My computer time is limited and there are days when I just don't have time to get online. I feel badly that I've left some topics that I began before I could let everyone know how helpful they were to me.

Thanks for the suggestion that maybe my Prairie Sunrise rose was affected by a storm and that was what caused its roots to give way and the plant to nearly fall over. After some detective work I decided this must be the cause. This summer we have had record rainfall, with a year's worth of rain in the first six months. I've had this rose for 2 yrs and have moved it twice so it hasn't been in this spot for more than 7-8 mos.. Mostly my drainage is pretty good but the rose isn't far from our spouting that needed to be cleaned and overflowed a few times too often, apparently. PS seems to have recovered and has started to do OK again so I'm very happy.

Next, for my grandbaby's little playhouse garden- Thank you all for your suggestions! I went to HMF to look up so many things that I didn't feel right about it and I now subscribe to it. I also have my own pot ghetto although I'm not sure how I feel about that. I feel like I'm singlehandedly keeping rose growers everywhere in business, due to this and other projects. And thanks, Kim, for recommending Burlington. She did indeed have many of my selections or will be getting them later. My order got here in good time and are all thriving. I think that I will post about my progress and the little garden later when I have more time.

But most of all, thank you all for generously sharing with the readers here. I didn't have to ask so many questions myself because someone else usually had a similar problem. The most important thing I learned here was that roses exist that will be happy here and that I won't need a PhD in alternate life forms to keep them alive. Maybe I need to start with the right rose and then I'll be a whole lot happier with the result.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank You!

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 12:23

Yes post about your garden when you get more time... Happy Growing! :-)

This post was edited by jim1961 on Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 21:51

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 17:15

Your welcome and thank you for the update on things are going for you. We'd love to see some pictures too!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 17:16

Your welcome and thank you for the update on things are going for you. We'd love to see some pictures too!

o

come back soon. We love to hear about the success as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here