Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What/Who is "My Bouquet Roses"

Posted by harmonyp NorCA 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 11:47

I've started seeing some roses with tags of "My Bouquet Roses". Who is this? What's the story? Is this a "real" grower? Mass producer? Worth growing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What/Who is "My Bouquet Roses"

Greenheart Farms, Inc. http://www.greenheartfarms.com/ The folks who purchased Nor'East and many other miniature rose nursery remnants and who attempted to offer them retail via mail and discovered they couldn't handle that type of business. When you find minis in gallons in big box stores, they're often the Saville, Chaffin, Bennett and Moore minis grown by Greenheart.

"My Bouquet Roses" is another marketing program under which to introduce existing roses. Greenheart "brands" can be found here.

http://www.greenheartfarms.com/about/brands.htm

Click on the "learn more" under "My Bouquet" to find the varieties offered under that program. The only one I've grown is Jim Sproul's First Impression. A yellow I am VERY impressed with all around.

Fortunately, all this information is readily available on a simple Internet search. Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: My Bouquet Roses.com

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 14:32

I got both Patron and Powerhouse this spring and have been very impressed with how well they've grown and bloomed. Patron is fire engine red and Powerhouse is a bright intense orange. Both have good form and last very well on the bush but I've never cut any so I don't know about vase life. Both do black spot some for me. Can't say how they'll winter yet.

o

Thanks Seil - thats the kind of input I as looking for, that one doesn't get from a commercial website, which I did go to prior to posting this.

o

I finally broke down and bought "Flawless" in a 2 gallon pot. It has about 10 of the most perfect (flawless!) pink blooms, I couldn't resist. We'll see how she does...

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 18:48

Congrats! Keep us posted on her progress.

o

And thank you Seil. I think I just wanted to hear they weren't some evil empire, and that someone actually tried to grow one of these roses. Hearing from you that you didn't just buy them and they fell over the next day gave me that little extra push I needed. And, the gorgeous blooms finally blew me away. I did cut two and bring them in yesterday morning and they kept beautifully in water overnight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here