Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blackgavotte

more on my Maritime roses

blackgavotte
10 years ago

I guess my original post and all the great answers is so far down I can't find it anymore, so letting you all know how I'm coming along now.. I have finally been able to wrap my head around the reality of what different choices I now must make if I want to have healthy roses in the foggy, salty, windy maritimes without a lot of spraying. Looks like it must be rugosas and older roses such as albas and gallicas, which are only going to bloom once... at least right now they seem like the best choices. Still trying to decide, I love quartered blossoms, want major fragrance and no golden or salmon tones, so I am currently still poring over websites, probably going to order from Cornhill ( Robert Osborne) since he has at least been helpful. Borrowed his book from the library and may treat myself to it as a purchase, its worthy. Austin was not much help at all... Drooling currently over pictures of Queen of Denmark, Belle Isis, Polareis, and also considering Parfum de l'hay, Charles de Mills, Dart's Dash, and Blanc Double de Coubert... I have Therese Bugnet, Marie Bugnet, Falstaff, Teasing Georgia and Winchester Cathedral, these 3 are not looking great at all which is why I guess I have to reconsider what I purchase, and Morden Belle whom I forgive her lack of fragrance because of her abundant flowers and gorgeous colour, and her growth habit.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting