Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlota_gw

Help me fill a rose void....

carlota
9 years ago

Good morning all!
I have decided that I have a need to add a few roses to my collection as soon as possible and if you know a good place to buy them please let me know:

Mutabilis, own-root please. I love this rose and loves the way the flowers dance in the breeze

Rainbow's end - the mini not the climber. I first bought it at Tiny Petals so many years ago

Mother's Love, another mini that I truly miss
Santa Claus, another mini for my daughter

French Perfume
Ingrid Bergman
and Andrea Stelzer
Carefree Wonder

These are a few that are missed and we are looking to find.
The biggest problem with moving is that some roses just don't like it! I hate having a hole in my heart where a rose should be!
Thanks!
Carlota

Comments (10)

• jacqueline9CA
    9 years ago

If it was me I would start by looking at the web sites of Rogue Valley Roses (it is in So Oregon), and Burlington (it is in CA). Both are very reputable mail order nurseries. If the roses you want are on their web sites, I would call them to make sure they have them.

If you go to Help Me Find/roses, and search for each rose, you will, after clicking on the rose, find a screen which has a "Buy From" button on the top right hand side. Click on this, and it will show you a list of nurseries which theoretically carry that rose. IMPORTANT - go to the bottom of the list and click on the "Show all nurseries..." bar. Otherwise you will only see nurseries which contribute to that site.

Good Luck!

Jackie

• ordphien
    9 years ago

Rainbows end might be in a Lowe's near you.
    The ones near me in SoCal carry it pretty consistently.

• Kippy
    9 years ago

The local (La Sumida) has Ingrid Bergman and Knapp's has Mutabilis ($11) if you are doing a Santa Barbara road trip

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose List

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Kippy,
    Did not see a rose price list at La Sumida. Do you know how much their Austins are? TIA

• Kippy
    9 years ago

If I remember right, all 5g's except Iceberg are $26 or $28? no special DA pricing. I think Climbers might be a couple of dollars more but they might have changed that this season. They just had a sale a couple of weeks ago and usually have a second sale pretty soon. Their rose fields are full still have they have a wonderful stock of really big roses in big pots or on trellises and some rather mature tall tree/standards too.

If you are looking for a certain rose, call and ask if they have it. They have a big back nursery space and might have what you are looking for off display.

If you are not familiar with the area, they are right off Patterson, a freeway exit, on the ocean side of the hwy. Just before you get to them, there is Terra Sol that is fun to stop and enjoy their collection of different garden plants, pots and fountains.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Thanks for the tip off on Terra Sol. A jaunt to SB is coming up.

• Kippy
    9 years ago

If you are coming up o. The weekend. Knapp nursery is having a sale. You do have to friend them on Facebook. They are smaller and family run, located off Cathedral Oaks rd a couple of miles from the other two. I got Mutabilis and a Cl Cecile Brunner from them

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    9 years ago

Andrea Stelzer was very stingy for me, but it might be a CA-type rose. If your heart is set on AS, and you can tolerate R. multiflora rootstock, Wisconsin Roses shows it on their "small numbers" list, it will be a newly budded maiden.

Affirm is a better clear pink (IMHO).

• Kippy
    9 years ago

I heard La Sumida has the bush roses two for one but call before you drive and check

• cecily
    9 years ago

Carlota! It's wonderful to hear from you. Welcome back!