Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bayarea_girl

Where to Buy not Common Roses?

I have seen beth (NorCA) and others posted such beautiful roses like Hocus Pocus, Abracadabra, exhibit roses, etc. and wonder where do you buy such roses?

One of the roses I would like to grow is Black Magic and I ordered two from J&P as bare root early this year and figured if one died, I still had one as backup. Unfortunately, both of them and another rose from J&P didn't break dormancy. I looked online and found many who ordered from J&P also had similar problem. Someone mentioned that because the roots had already been dead, even though the top branches were green, the branches would just slowly turn black and the plants never broke dormancy.

J&P gave me the store credits for the roses. However, since it is a serious issue with bare root roses order of this year, I wonder if they have investigated the causes and corrected it so it won't happen again. Gardening is such a nice hobby that I wouldn't want to see the rose nurseries losing money on the dead roses and the disappointments from gardeners.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH