Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The BEST Rose Year...yet!

Posted by reemcook 8a (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 17:58

Hi folks,

I am writing to thank you all for your expert advice on planting roses. As I explained in one of my previous posts, I lost about 40 roses due to an usual winter frost in Seattle about two years ago. I was really heartbroken. :(

This year, we had our backyard landscaped. I followed the instructions for planting/re-planting roses based on your suggestions. What a wonderful show of color it has been in our garden! All of the roses are healthier than ever. We planted the roses deeper in the soil and mercilessly pruned some of them. Every single rose has bloomed beautifully and they are thriving. Knock on (rose) wood!

I am a bit scared of the upcoming fall/winter season because of the past experience. But I have a feeling that they will survive the winter.

Thank you folks for imparting your expertise and knowledge with novice gardeners like me. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The BEST Rose Year...yet!

What good news! We are happy for you, reemcook. Do you have some pics you could share with us? We love drooling over other posters' successes. : )

If you are in Zone 8, I don't see why you need to worry about winter. In my Zone 6, I never do anything to protect my roses in the winter except let Mother Nature blow some oak leaves from my neighbors' trees into my yard, quite randomly. So far, I have never lost a rose to winter.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here