Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diane_nj

2014 ARS Roses in Review Survey - Your Input Needed!

diane_nj 6b/7a
9 years ago

It is time for the annual Roses in Review (RIR), the American Rose Society's annual survey of roses. Results from the "Garden" evaluations are used to compile the ratings shown in the American Rose Society (ARS) publication Handbook for Selecting Roses. Participation in the RIR process is open to EVERYONE! Membership in the ARS or a local rose society is NOT required.

The link to the on-line entry form is below. To register to use the site, click on "New User" on your first visit. The ARS will not use the information to SPAM you as the info is used to allow reporters to enter data over a period of time (register once, use the same info to come back and enter more info later), and to assist the RIR coordinators with data tabulation. This information is deleted after the end of the survey period. You do not have to complete your entries at one time, you may come back and add more ratings at a later date. Just be sure to use the same information (e-mail and name) the next time you want to enter. Also, remember to hit the "Save" button after entering data. If you participated last year, you will have to register as a "New User" again this year.

The 2014 RIR survey form is also available in the July/August issue of American Rose (the magazine for members of the ARS).

On-line and paper forms must be submitted on or before September 26, 2014, to be included in this year's results. Send me an email to receive a copy of the form in PDF format (unfortunately, you will have to print this out, and write in your responses).

A reminder to all Consulting Rosarians and Rose Show Horticulture and Arrangement Judges that you are encouraged to submit a RIR survey.

There is a check box available if you do not grow any of the listed varieties. You vote will count with your district's standings as "participated" if you check this box.

A personal "Thank You" to the members of the Penn-Jersey District who participated last year! Send me an email if you want a copy of the 2013 Penn-Jersey results.

Remember, the RIR survey process is open to everyone! Please pass along the link and ask your rose-growing friends to participate! Feel free to e-mail me with questions. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: 2014 Roses in Review Survey

Comments (3)