Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terry_crawford6650656

'Easy Does It' -- I'm In LoVE!!

Terry Crawford
14 years ago

I stopped by the Peoria Botanical Gardens today to check out the roses, and saw some breathtaking, ruffled HUGE blossoms of mango, peach, and apricot on several surprisingly BS-free roses. They were not labeled, and one of the horticulturists said the 'rose' caretaker had been on maternity leave so he tried to help me figure out what they might be. He did tell me he thought they were planted after the Easter '07 freeze, when they lost most of their roses. We finally found the name of 'HARpageant'. I looked it up on HMF and it says it is 'EASY DOES IT'.

Most of the roses weren't in good shape since they hadn't been fed this year and had BS pretty bad, but these 6 roses were huge, and and were full of blossoms. I've never seen such vivid, distinct colors, and the ruffles! Even my DH, who is not a rose person, was impressed.

This is definitely a rose that is going on my list...and I'm thinking I'm going to be getting maybe two or three...I LOVE, LOVE the colors so much, and the size of the blooms are an added bonus...they are about 4" held on upright stems, with healthy foliage.

The ARS magazine cover last time didn't do this beautiful rose justice. I'm glad I was able to see 'Easy Does It' in person.

-terry

Comments (15)

• hodgepodge_roses
    14 years ago

{{gwi:281899}}

Easy Does It

• texaslynn
    14 years ago

This one has definitely been on my list.....

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Hodgepodge, Does it have a great fragrance?? I bought one this summer at a very nice nursery this year and the color description had mango in it plus two other colors and it looks soooooo much like your picture plus other pics I have seen. Its tag was lost except for a small one that had the color mango plus two other colors and something similar to HARpageant like Terry said. It smells divine and the blooms look the same and they last a long time on the bush. I ordered me a couple more at S&W Greenhouse for spring shipping. Right now they have $5 dollar shipping too!!! They sent me great roses last year. Thanks, Judy

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    14 years ago

How tall were the plants, terryjean? Was the growth habit full and bushy?

• Terry Crawford
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The plants were about 3' X 3'. I was really impressed because a lot of the other roses were defoliated and scruffy-looking, including Cinco de Mayo and Rainbow Sorbet, which was a disgraceful BS mess. These guys were lush and the blooms! oh the blooms were so distinct in color...just like someone had taken crayons and colored each ruffle mango, apricot, and a deep peach. They actually looked unreal. Even the pic that Hodgepodge graciously posted above doesn't portray the colors.

I wish I had taken my camera, but I wasn't planning on stopping there...I was on my way to the doctor and was early. I'm going to go again and will take some more pics and will post a whole bush shot.

I'm thinking one of these (or two) would really look stand out very well with the color of your house!
    -terry

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Hi TJ, How are you? Would you mind getting a close up of the leaves as well so I can compare it to the one I have. And get a big whiff of the fragrance. Please, please, pretty please!!! Thanks a bunch, Judy

• peachymomo
    14 years ago

You might want to search for pics of Livin' Easy I think it's a relative of Easy Does It and it has more intense color. I don't know about fragrance.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Hi Peachy, I have Livin Easy and love it. Your right, the colors are more intense on Livin Easy but I purchased a rose this summer at a nice nursery and its tag was missing but looks just like Easy Does It. I was just trying to figure out what it was. Judy

• Terry Crawford
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Miss Judy....I didn't know you have 'Easy Does It', you naughty girl! I'm so jealous. I do have a pic on my cell but can't get it to Photobucket..Verizon wants $2.99 month for transfer fees. Outrageous! Anyway, I hope to traipse over to P-town next week to get pics before the blooms are toast and I'll get lots of closeups and post them.
    -t

• greenhaven
    14 years ago

terryjean, send your pic to "My Pix Place." Then you can log in to your V Wireless account, open the picture to it's largest size, and save it to your computer. For free!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Hi TJ, I'm not sure if I have it or not but it sure looks like it. My tag it did have had mango as one of the colors plus two others so i'm hoping its it! Its gorgeous and smells divine whatever it is. Since it was suppose to come out in 2010 I didn't know if it would be it. Tootles,Judy

• ebster
    14 years ago

I got 8 roses from S&W Greenhouse. I was pleased w/ their large bareroot roses early spring. They shipped at the end of Feb. I was fortunate as the weather was mild and I only had to wait a week before planting them in the ground. There was a night when the temp went to 13 a week later and I was nervous. The plants were completely covered w/ loose dirt and leaves and I put extra bags of leaves on top. They all did well.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Hi TJ, Thought I would bring this thread back to the front to see if you ever got any new pics so I can compare them to the plant that I have. Hope your having a great day. Its starting to get alot cooler down south. Love the fall time but HATE knowing freezing temps are right around the corner. Look forward to any pics you might have to share. Tootles, Judy

• jimmiesgran
    14 years ago

It's going to be available at Chamblee's soon. Mid-November, I think. Usually I don't go for the brighter colors, but I really like the look of this one.

• Terry Crawford
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Judy, I have the pic on my Verizon cell but can't figure out how to get it to Photobucket. I'm technically challenged! If only Greenhaven has here to help me....anyway, if you want to shoot me an e-mail with your cell number I can send it to you if your cell has camera capability. Let me know!
    -terry

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living