Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerijensunsetz24

Gardens Of The World Hybrid Tea Rose

jerijen
9 years ago

This Christiansen rose was introduced in 1993 by J&P. In naming it for a popular garden Mini-Series, I suppose they were saying it was sort of a "throw-away" rose.

As it turned out, for the years they kept it in commerce, 'Gardens Of The World' was THE rose I recommended for people in my area who wanted "a rose" for their garden ... and who were not going to fuss over their rose, or spray it. 'Gardens Of The World' fit that niche perfectly, as it was completely free of the diseases roses get here: powdery mildew and rust.

It's too bad they ever budded GOTW. It doesn't need rootstock. Does just fine, all on its own roots. It blooms a lot, repeats quickly, has a great, sweet fragrance, and is terrific in a vase.

It will often hold exhibition form for a long time -- we actually got on the Court of Honor once, with it -- alternatively, it will open nicely to display stamens, for a beautiful Fully Open Bloom.

It's the only really MODERN HT we grow, now, and we'll continue to grow it.

'Gardens Of The World' is MINIMALLY available, but it's so good own-root, I would choose to order it from Angel Gardens on the East Coast, or Heirloom Roses on the West Coast.

One caveat: I have NO clue about blackspot, since that is rarely a problem here.

Jeri