Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Red Drift Rose' --- What Else is Similar? Small, Spreading Rose

Posted by missmary (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 19:59

You know those "drift roses" that are being sold by the people who developed the knock outs... they grow about 1 1/2 - 2 feet tall, grow wide, bloom constantly, etc. I have a few "peach drift".

They have a "red drift" - but the picture looks kind of magenta, pinkish-red. Does anyone have the red drift rose? Can you tell me what shade of red it is?

Also, if I wanted to consider my choices in a rose like "red drift", but not "red drift" - what kind of rose would I be looking at? What catagory of rose is it that grows low to the ground, spreads and blooms throughout the season?

Does anyone have a favorite rose of this type, that is red, to recommend to me?

Thank You,
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Red Drift Rose' --- What Else is Similar? Small, Spreading R

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 21:15

I have Red Drift in front of my mailbox since it stays low, and on both sides I have Red Sunblaze. It's a minature, but not like most of my minis. It is also by Meilland and for me has been very disease resistant (this is their 3rd year) and have only gotten to be about 1.5-2 ft tall so far. Also, their blooms stay for close to a week for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Red Sunblaze

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here