Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Thank You

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I haven't been on this forum very long, really just since the beginning of this rose season. I had been eavesdropping before that, reading threads about the best pinks, best reds, etc. and wishing I had been in on those discussions. This forum has been an inspiration to me, just seeing how many really good rosarians are on here makes me know how much I can improve, to do things to help my roses do better. I know I can grow roses, don't have a problem with that, never have, there's just so much more room for improvement. I will admit when I was first on here I was a little hesitant. I posted a few fuzzy pictures on here and didn't get much reaction, kind of hurt my feelings, I think there were probably a couple of you who must have felt sorry for me, so you made some nice comments, and that made me feel better. Maybe too when a new member appears on here folks may be a little hesitant at first, I can certainly understand that. Some of you write so eloquently on here and so many of you have such a wonderful sense of humor, I'm never that witty, but I don't think anyone on here seems to be judging how smart they think someone might be, I think you're probably more concerned about whether they're sincere or not. Anyway I think you're really a bunch of nice folks and I am enjoying this so much and learning a lot in process.

Comments (8)

• ogrose_tx
    10 years ago

Sara-Ann, there's a bunch of us here that aren't very eloquent, but we love our roses, and learn so much here! Welcome, and you don't have to be eloquent to post, and you will find there are so many knowledgeable people that are willing to share with us, which I appreciate more than I can say! Just post away!
    ogrose

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Just to love roses and that's enough for me

Welcome

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Welcome! For the most part, you'll have fun here. Anyone who tends their roses as intensely as we do, has to be at least a little nuts! Kim

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Sara Ann, IâÂÂm pretty new here, too. I found the forum accidently while researching new roses I was considering in the spring. At the time, I thought how fun it would be to share pictures and stories of roses that I love and read about and see pics of roses that others were loving, too. I didnâÂÂt realize how many rosarians post and assist here. IâÂÂve grown roses for many years, but IâÂÂm just a gardener who loves rosesâ¦by no means an expert. I honestly didnâÂÂt realize how much I didnâÂÂt know until I started reading these forums. IâÂÂve acquired a wealth of knowledge in just a few short months and look forward to learning more and more. What a great resource and what wonderful, helpful people!

• shellfleur
    10 years ago

Hi Sara-Ann! I love the Rose Forum too! Antique Rose Forum as well. It is an endless source of good information. Many good people who share the same excitement for gardening. I joined some years back but I tend to read more than write, as my twin 8 year olds and full-time work keep me pretty busy. However, I adore growing roses. I will also mention that doing Searches for particular topics is one of the first steps I take in researching anything rose-related,here on the forums. Sometimes I will find an old thread to be so helpful. I remember feeling a bit intimidated to ask a more basic question, so this was a way to quietly get the inside scoop. That said, I don't think there are any stupid questions. I feel that we are all still learning and have much to learn from one another. Glad you wrote and good luck with your garden! Shelley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for your comments.
    Ogrose and Kitty - Thanks for the encouragement.
    Kim - You are so knowledgeable, appreciate your advice. Yes, I know I'm a little nuts. People who don't love roses like we do just don't understand us sometimes.
    Pat - I've really enjoyed your posts and pictures on this forum. I love your roses. I have appreciated your suggestions.
    Shelley - I love it that there seem to be quite a few younger ones on here. Hopefully people will be growing roses for a lot of years to come. I know you are really busy taking care of your family. My daughter isn't so much into roses, but she loves perennials, she's a busy mom too. I think her flower garden is her relaxation time, she really enjoys it.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

I'm just stopping in to say hello there Sara-Ann!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello to you too, Jim. I always appreciate your kind comments.