Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quality of teas and chinas

Posted by poorbutroserich nashville 66 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 21:24

Hello and WOW! I had no idea my post would spark such discussion of this issue but I really enjoyed the thoughtful responses. I am truly hesitant to criticize a business until I have given them an opportunity to rectify a situation. However I was VERY disappointed in the quality of my order. I understand shipping conditions, heat, etc. but these plants should not have been sent. I am used to strong healthy bands and gallons from all the nurseries other posters have listed. These were not them. Silvery, dead canes with blops of foliage at the very end of a dead cane. Anyway, they have asked me to send photos and I will. I will post photos here too, I just don�t have much success at doing it. I�m so glad I landed here with so many rose loving folks. Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quality of teas and chinas

Looking forward to the outcome and those photo.

o

I'm reasonably tech savvy but I can't get pictures to post here! Anyway, I requested a 50% refund from the nursery and promptly received it. I also cancelled my order of those that were too immature to ship this fall.
Susan

o

Thats good, are the roses that you recieved picking up or did they die? Hope they are doing well, why only a 50% refund? To post pics I did it by using the image file option upload at top, but you can only post one at the time :( some other people do it using something else but I don't know what it is.nice hearing back about your poor roses.Hopfully noone will receive any of that quality again

o

A few are picking up, thus the 50% refund. I ordered two "Phyllis Bide" and I don't forsee them making it, but you never know. "La Reine" is a sprout of 4 inches, which is fine, but shouldn't be considered a gallon. "Natchitoches Noisette" is the healhiest and largest. "Fortune's 5 Color" is more like "Fortune's 5 Petals".
But all of this is ok as I think most of the order will pull through.
I am still having trouble with photos. Tried to upload some of my garden on HMF and had the same trouble.
Susan

o

Well at least some are pulling through, best of luck with them. Alana

o

Thanks Alana! Where are you in SC?

o

I'm right outside Bishopville, don't blink when coming through or you may miss it :)

o

Hi Susan, check what dpi size your photos are. Uploading images to HMF is best accomplished using 300 dpi. Fickr is easiest (probably Photobucket and others, too) using 300 dpi. Once I discovered that, I just set my camera to that setting so all photos are taken at the appropriate size and I don't have to resize them. I do have to manually resize those taken prior to resetting the camera. I hope that makes it easier for you to post them. Kim

o

Ok. I will give that a try. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here