Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreark

This web site is a mess

andreark
10 years ago

It just happened again. I was trying to answer Jerijen and it wiped me out again.

I am so mad I could spit. I have complained. Maybe this is the problem....They don't like people making waves.

andrea

Comments (22)

• roseseek
    10 years ago

I'm sorry it's dealing you fits, Andrea. One thing you might try is writing your response in your email program then copy and paste it to the response. If you get dumped, at least you have it saved in the email waiting for you in the other program. I've done that when I had other issues with GW and it works quite well. Good luck! Kim

• andreark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kim, you are a very warm and kind person.

I know that it can be done, I am just too stubborn to do it. I have too many friends that design and/or work on web sites. I know this problem could be fixed, , , if they had the knowledge to do it.

I will stop fighting it and do what it takes to get my posts delivered.

I just planted Wm Shakespeare. Pungent is an understatement. I think I'm becoming addicted! I also just ordered Eglantyne. They make me so happy just to be around them. My other 'hobbies', sourdough baking, cheese making, etc, etc. don't make me smile like the roses.

Have a lovely evening,

andrea

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Well, thank you, Andrea. Fortunately, when I've experienced issues on GW, they've been fairly short lived (except that bloody long running script issue). Yes, anything can be fixed, once someone gets working on it and figures out the issue. Until that happens, I just figure out what makes it easier for me to deal with, or leave until it's fixed. Kim

• andreark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kim, I know you're right...As I said I am just stubborn. But I do give in when I am swimming upstream.

So, , I am going to bed and dream, not of sugar plum fairies, but of beautiful roses.

Good night Kim,

andrea

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Good night, Andrea! Kim

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I hope everything is fixed by now. Whenever I've had a problem and notified the authorities, I quickly received a polite response and the problem was quickly fixed--sometimes within a few minutes--so I think they do try.

Kate

• jerijen
    10 years ago

I think they do try. There is likely so much overall GW traffic, it's difficult to keep on top of.

I haven't had a problem (thus far -- knock on wood) so maybe I WON'T.

Off to do Therapy Dog Stuff.

Jeri

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

andrea, I've never had the problem you describe, and wonder if it has something to do with your computer rather than the web site. Otherwise I think it would also be happening to a lot of other people and we'd hear more complaints about it. If I weren't married to a computer geek I don't know what I'd do since my laptop will do things that I don't understand and wouldn't know how to fix. I hope your problem gets solved soon.

Ingrid

• andreark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeri and Ingrid,

Almost everyone in my family is a computer 'geek'. My stepfather has designed and built computers. He also
    works in USA and Europe designing and troubleshooting software programs for power plants. Some of them are nuclear. My son is a technical administrator for a large government program. My nephew also designs software for large business. Anyway, you get the idea.

I am NOT in the computer business, but I have worked with computers for many years now and am rather proficient with a number of programs. I log into this forum from 3 different computers, so it's not the computer. And I have had a number of members tell me that they have also had problems, although not as often as I have.

I think the problem has something to do with the initial logging in.

I just received another message from someone else who has had this happen to them many times also. I have been told several times that the best thing to do is to copy my post in case it gets lost. I will start doing this.

Thanks everyone for your input,

andrea

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    10 years ago

GW has a forum to address these problems. Computer Help Forum - GardenWeb

gw

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Just to clarify, are you saying you did email Tamora (technical help)? If so, what did she say?

Kate

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

Perhaps a more modern site like facebook would be more to your taste.

• idixierose
    10 years ago

I wish this site were organized more like Ravelry.

Gardenweb is great, but definitely showing its age.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ravelry

• Kippy
    10 years ago

I enjoy Ravelry, but this is a much much bigger forum when you consider all the topics running at any time.

I think they are doing great considering, though I am not a fan of the ads that get past adblock-but they have to cover costs some how.

I use Google Chrome, it has some hick-ups every now and then, so remember it could be your browser or all the other computer guru's busy sucking bandwidth as well.

• bart_2010
    10 years ago

Links posted on this website do not work for me...can anyone help? bart

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

testing link:

link to another thread

Hmmm--links seem to be working fine. What is the problem you are having?

Kippy, ads should not be "slipping by" if you have ADBLOCK. I see absolutely no ads--not ever.

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 8:33

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

When life throws lemons at you.... Make lemonade.....

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Ads don't get past Adblock for me, either. I've been using it for years with Firefox as my browser. I also have it on Google Chrome, but don't use Chrome for some reason. Diane

• bart_2010
    10 years ago

The link to a thread on the forum works; what don't seem to work for me are when people post links to other things outside the forums; for example,Henry Kuska's links to articles on RRV,or to pictures, etc...bart

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Ok--let's try this--two different ways.

Paul Zimmerman article in Fine Gardening

and in the box below.

Do they work now? It may be that there was a temporary malfunction when you were trying to reach some earlier links.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul Zimmerman article in Fine Gardening

• bart_2010
    10 years ago

Thank you for thinking about my problem, Kate; that is so nice! For me,the top version (the one in the midst of the text of your post) of the link did work; the lower one at the bottom ("here is a link that might be useful") did not work... bart

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Hi Bart--have you notified technical help (Tamora) that you are having trouble with the links in the box under the message box? Be as specific as you can so they have some idea what they are looking for. Tamora usually answers fairly quickly and politely to at least let you know what is wrong or that they are working on it.

Good luck.

Kate