Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beauty in a hard world

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 2:19

Our little orphan is gone. His mother died a week ago and we could not find him until a few days ago when I saw him on the sidewalk. I tried to save him but as it turned out, he had been bitten by another animal and could not live. I feel so sad for this little one who was just starting out. Sometimes life is so unfair and all I can do is give a drink of water and a soft quiet place to spend a few last hours to a tiny animal child who should have had a better life.

My garden has always had it's share of creatures who visit and some who stay. Some spend the last moments of their lives here and I find them after they are gone. The young ones are the hardest to find. Especially this little one because we were searching for him and found him too late.

I put this up because this is one of the things my roses are for. I am happy to gather every last flower I have to make a soft place for our pets and our wild friends when they leave the world.

This post was edited by kittymoonbeam on Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 2:34

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beauty in a hard world

Then we put more petals on top and the rest of the roses. It was a beautiful day with clouds. I just raked up leaves and listened to birds. The world is so wonderful and so sad at the same time.

o

Then I saw these minis in the dollar store on the "death rack" as I call it. So I rescued them. They are too beautiful to die here I thought. One of my favorite roses is a mystery rescued rose from the front of a big box store.

o

Pretty pale mystery rose

o

Thank you.

o

Kitty, you are so sweet.

o

My first and foremost love is pups. I have a tear for you.

andrea

o

Kitty,
I didn't mean strictly canine pups, I meant ALL pups.
Actually, all animals.

sniffling andrea

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 15:58

Nice photos, but what exactly died?

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 17:07

Great looking displays of roses Kitty...:-)
Sorry for whatever animal passed away....Pet? Wild?

o

He was a little wild mammal

o

Kitty, you are so beautiful. Thank you for being you. (((((hugs))))) ♥ :~)

o

This is so sad and loving and beautiful. We were lucky to find a baby squirrel and raised her until she was old enough to go out on her own. Two years later she came back and brought her children. She left and they stayed. This year she came back again. We also raised a tiny baby wild mouse and she stayed with us for over three years.

When our beloved cat died we buried him with a spray of blooming Souvenir d'un Ami roses against his chest between his paws.

Your tribute is so heart-warming and I'm getting teary. Thank you for caring so much.

Ingrid

o

I'm glad you don't think this is too odd. I think many of us rose folk use our roses to honor our pets. I love all the animals so I do it for them. Thanks for being wonderful friends.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here