Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anti-Transpirant or Wilt-Pruf in hot weather?

Posted by dragoonsers none (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 8:20

I was reading up on leaf scortch and sun damage roses go through because of intense heat and sun. My question is, would it help if i use an anti-transpirant? I mean if it can reduce transpiration- no wilt- no rose leaf scortch? Does anyone have any experience with such products?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anti-Transpirant or Wilt-Pruf in hot weather?

I don't have experience with using Wilt Pruf for that purpose, but I can tell you that WP itself can burn rose foliage under some circumstances. Be sure plants are well hydrated, and apply in the cool of the morning. Don't apply to wilting transplants, but apply days in advance of transplanting.

By reducing transpiration, anti-transpirants cause leaves to "run hotter" than they would otherwise, because transpiration cools the leaf. But this is not to say your idea would never work. I really don't know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here