Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sdlm_gw

Showstopping Climbing Rose Combination or Orange Climber??

SdlM
10 years ago

So the hubby is FINALLY building me the pergola I've been asking for (YAY!!) and id love to train a climbing rose over it, or more than one. Live in North Texas so its gonna get full sun and fairly hot in the summer, and id like something a little disease resistant. Frangrance would be nice but not necessary, and HAS to be a repeat bloomer.
The hubby likes the orange/ apricot roses, so we are considering westerland. If you have experience or photos with this one let me know. Ive seen a few pics of oranges and lemons, and I know it isnt a climber but I heard it gets tall. But I really know nothing about this rose. If it could be trained on a pergola that would be awesome! But I have my doubts about that one.
Ive also been considering some rose/clematis combinations or combining more than one rose on the pergola. I just really want something that "POPS" when you see it. If you have any ideas, pics, or suggestions, let mw know please!
I know fourth of july and purple splash, and candy land are popular, and though i like them Ive decided not to go with them. =)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler