Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

Happy Halloween!

seil zone 6b MI
10 years ago

Even Golden Celebration decided to get into the act, lol!

Comments (26)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

seil, that is too cute! Love the black bird on GB, the perfect touch. Happy Halloween to you too.

Ingrid

• amberroses
    10 years ago

And to you! Cute picture.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Great pic Seil! :-)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

seil--what a clever and original Halloween photo--and the raven on GC is the perfect touch!

Kate

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Lol, love it!! Happy Halloween, Seil, and all!!! :-)

• andreark
    10 years ago

Who did the Pumpkin? It's great.

Happy Halloween to you too,

andrea

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Happy Halloween to everyone, and to you, Seil, with your cute and zany Jack and bird friend. That Golden Celebration looks good. There's just one bloom, clinging for life on my GC right now. Diane

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Love the crow!

Happy Halloween to you too

10 years ago

Halloween night was a bust here... ÃÂ ÃÂ
    It poured rain and we only got 5 halloweeners this year...ÃÂ
    Tons of candy left over...:oÃÂ

Still diggin that pic Seil! :-)

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I carved the pumpkin. It's one of those funkins and it lights up. Even though it poured rain here all day we got over 250 kids! We always get a big turn out because there are tons of people in our subdivision that do really big displays. Here's a pic of my whole display this year. Hope you all had a great night!

• Kippy
    10 years ago

How fun!!

I wish I could do more here, but the mutt hates trick or treaters so I leave candy out for them and call it a night

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    10 years ago

FUN! Love it Seil! We had tornado warnings so most of the big neighborhoods opted for tomorrow night. I had one bunch tonight (the neighbor boys).
    Susan

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    10 years ago

I love Halloween! Decorations all over the house. I put up an autumn tree - then all I have to do is take the leaves off and Christmas is ready to put on. Fall is my favorite - always hate to take it all down....

Happy Halloween everyone!
    Judith

10 years ago

Had to post one of Spooky and the pumpkin......

10 years ago

Great pics Seil and alameda! :-)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

seil, your display is awesome! No one does things like that here.

Judith, what at original and beautiful idea. Love it.

Spooky, the pumpkin is cute but you're just downright adorable and gorgeous!

Ingrid

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

The cute, clever, and beautiful Halloween displays are wonderful, but I have to admit I'm very, very partial to longhaired cats sporting tuxedos. Spooky is spectacular. Diane

10 years ago

Seil, would love to see your house and neighborhood - its great everyone gets in the spirit!

Encouraged by ya'll's compliments of Spooky, thought you might enjoy seeing Kitty Tom. He is a real character - a real lover!
    Judith

10 years ago

Tom's favorite activity - sorry for multiple posts - cant send but one photo at a time........
    Judith

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

We used to get nasty warm winds on Halloween but this year it was just nice temps with dry air from the desert thanks to a high pressure passing over. I bought bags of new bark mulch and put it out. Also cut pieces of Mexican Weeping Bamboo pushed into the soil lined the walk giving the kids a little tickle as they passed. Longer bamboo pieces held spiders on black yarn to hang over the path. I usually get 6 or 8 inch potted chrysanthemums but nothing looked good this year so I cheated with silk ones pushed into the mulch. Ha! they looked just like real ones in the dim light so I will probably re use them next year. I had 2 groups of ceramic toadstools around the pumpkins and a soft flickering candle lamp hanging from the black pine.

Honor and PJPII were blooming so I was able to make a white bouquet on a table with a black cloth overlaid with a gauzy fabric and on another small table I had a silver candelabra and a silver tray with a large crystal goblet filled with cranberry juice with red rose petals floating on top and twilight zone and oklahoma petals around the goblet on the tray. I was trying for a Bronte sort of tragic atmosphere this year so I wore my Irish cloak with a dark victorian dress with long black lace trim.

I did go out and I saw a neat house with large fog machines going. White mist was pouring out over the lawn onto the street, swirling around trees and shrubs as it went. People dressed in flowy white ( ghosts?) moved slowly through it. We were going out to eat and didn't get to investigate but it looked fantastic even from a distance.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Goodness, kitty, that all sounds too elegant and noir for kids coming around trick or treating. Wish you had a few pics to show.
    Judith, Tom is pretty spectacular, too. Looks like he's bragging loudly on the pumpkin in the first pic. I love it when kitties relax on their backs with their fluffy bellies all ready for a quick rub. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words! It's all good fun and I think we can always use more of that.

Judith, I love your tree!! And both your kitties are charmers!

Kitty, sounds like you go all out too! Love the bamboo trick. I'll have to think of something like that to use here.

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Adults are coming up the path so I want to give them something fun to see. The instant hedges are easy to do with any cut pieces of tree or shrubs pushed into the ground where you want to make a screen or a maze or a wall. When I had a big fern pine, I used to make a tall teepee out of bamboo and tie the cut branches all over to make a giant holiday tree the last two weeks in December. I need to find someone who wants their fern pine trimmed so I can do it again. It takes a whole pickup bed of cut branches to make but it looks beautiful when it's lit in the center of the rose garden. People used to drive by to see it every year.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Kitty, I hope you have photos! I would so love to see.

10 years ago

Would love to see any photos.........if it wouldn't be too much off topic, it would be fun to start a thread on Christmas decorations. I put out a lot, inside and out. My big outdoor tree, made w/ a tall PVC pipe with twinkle lights going from ground to top, was put up before Halloween. My SO thinks the world would end if he isn't in the woods for opening of deer season, so I get him to do it before Halloween. I have big bells that my mother used to have on our house at Christmas - they are really unusual - and I seem to add things every year. I love looking at photos of decorating - so hope you all can share some. Now have to put the turkey yard art up and decorate around it with mums and pansies.

Just so my posts wont be too off topic.....I just bought the newer Lavender Veranda from Chamblees when I went there the other week. I really like this little rose! It is almost similar to the shade of lavender of Angel Face. It has lots of pretty little flowers and I think I am going to love this one. It might be nice in a pot too.......I need to make another trip up there and think I will get a couple more for a pot. Will get a photo as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for the kitty compliments! They are real characters and so loveable!
    Judith

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Great thread, Seil! Thanks for starting it. These photos and comments on your thread are so heartwarming and cozy on this cold and dark, foggy mornin'. And so are all of you rosy friends participating on this!!! Alameda, your Spooky looks very much like my kitty, Velvet, except that Velvet has exceptionally long, white eyebrows. She and my other tuxedo kitten, Kit Kat, are sooo elegant and loving. Diane, I'm smitten with my 2 tuxedos, as well. Gotta love these snuggle bugs!! âÂÂ¥