Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dove_song

Favorite coral rose

dove_song
9 years ago

Hi all!
Would you please share with me/us your favorite coral colored rose? Any type would be fine. I've just had a yen for this color for some reason. Photos would be a bonus. Thanks! :-)

Comments (25)

• arlene_82 (zone 6 OH)
    9 years ago

I'm interested to see the responses to this as I've been having the same yen :)

I'm thinking of getting a Westerland.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Hopefully you will get some good suggestions. I don't have much in this color class and I'm not sure this one qualifies, but I love my Climbing America. Mine did take some time getting established though.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

This Touch of Class is from my sister's bush and it has become a bloomin' machine! It doesn't usually look this pink.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Wed, Oct 15, 14 at 21:43

• dove_song
    Original Author
    9 years ago

He, he, Arlene. Glad you're on the same page with me on this! :o)

Oh, Sara-Ann I like--a lot! Thanks!!! :o)

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

Probably more of an apricot: my ht, Just Joey.

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    9 years ago

The roses I enjoy the most (though I don't grow them) that fall in the coral group would be Spartan and Won Fang Yon. My mom picked up a Coretta Scott King this year and I would call it a Coral and White blend. No fragrance, but a nice bloom.

Jay

• Kes Z 7a E Tn
    9 years ago

Sweet Perfume. I didn't get it for its beauty but it is. For me, it is disease resistant in a no-spray garden and the flowers are fragrant. I rarely cut my roses for indoors so I have no idea how well it would do for that purpose.

• bellarosa
    9 years ago

I don't have a pic, but the climber, Rosarium Uetersen, is a beautiful coral rose. You can view a pic on helpmefind.com - sorry, I don't know how to add a link! Help me here folks. LOL. It's a gorgeous rose that blooms non-stop.

• vasue VA
    9 years ago

Favorite would be Fragrant Cloud with a close second its child America, who also inherited the wonderful perfume. Rosarium Uetersen aka Seminole Wind blooms coral with raspberry here & Aloha shows a blend of coral salmon hues.

Here's your link, bellarosa!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosarium Uetersen on HMF

• jacqueline9CA
    9 years ago

Margo Koster. Short polyantha. We have one which is about 80 years old. I have dug it up and moved it into sunnier spots twice now, and the roots keep growing a new bush in the same place in the shade - it is determined!

The other thing I like about it is that it sports - mine has sported to a raspberry color, and to all white. I now have stable bushes of both in my garden.

Jackie

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Sonia (florist rose, Meilland'70) is the truest coral I have. Hmm, no pics. Maybe they all turned out untrue-to-color?

She sticks out like a sore thumb in a bed of lavenders/pinks/purples/peaches. Still potted as no place to show off the elegance of her buds/flowers. Long lasting when cut. A small potted pelargonium labeled Angel Eyes Patio Orange is splendid beside her.

This picture is the color mine is consistently.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonia

• kathy9norcal
    9 years ago

I just wanted to second climbing America. It has lots of good sized blooms all summer and likes the heat. Here it is with Gillian Blades clematis. This photo is from a couple of summers ago.

{{gwi:335829}}

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Lovely picture Kathy!

• amandahugg
    9 years ago

Passionate Kisses and Marmalade Skies are both work horses in the garden. Seem to always have bloom and good habit, too.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    9 years ago

Coral Dawn.

• dove_song
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Martinca, I love your Just Joey! Thanks so much for the links, Vasue and !ris_gal. Kathy9norcal CA 9, your pic of climbing America with Gillian Blades clematis...wow! I really appreciate all of you sharing your thoughts on your favorite coral rose. Hehe, Arlene, you like? :-)

This post was edited by dove_song on Wed, Oct 22, 14 at 12:02

• nastarana
    9 years ago

I love the colors of RU, America and Fragrant Cloud, but I would have to say my very favorite in that color is my Lapponia. So far, a tough little survivor, but doesn't get very big for me, and sparse rebloom. It would likely perform much better in a warmer climate. The flowers, when they come, are astonishing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lapponia at HMF

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    9 years ago

I don't grow it presently, but Ainsley Dickson is one of my favorite corals. I adore Fragrant Cloud - may have to have another in the spring.
    Judith

• ken-n.ga.mts
    9 years ago

Touch of Class and Sedona are by far the two best coral colored HT's you can get.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    9 years ago

I love all your photos and suggestions. It seems to me that the exquisite Sonia, Irisgal's rose, is about as coral as a rose could get. Just Joey is gorgeous. It's color matches that of Abbaye de Cluny. Easy Does It is a Rose of many shades and hues in my garden, but it definitely is coral during some of its changes. Diane

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    9 years ago

Fragrant Cloud is a 'red-orange' that can look coral as it starts to fade. For me it's a bit darker than its progeny America which is the quintessential coral from beginning to end.

Tropicana also used to be a popular coral rose.

This post was edited by decobug on Sat, Jan 17, 15 at 21:32

• bouquet_kansas
    9 years ago

dove_song........I have the climbing America. It is a beautiful
    coral rose.
    I have two hybrid tea roses that are coral. They are Spellbound and Key Largo. I really like them both.

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Spellbound is one of my favorites. Does anyone know of any vendors that sell this rose? Here is a pic of my Spellbound.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    9 years ago

I don't know coral from salmon but I know I love Westerland. I grow it as a climber but I know some grow it as a bush. It gets big here and produces lots of blooms all summer..

{{gwi:253426}}

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler