Picture of Tiffany rose on October 29

Comments (31)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture of Tiffany bush on July 5

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Stop tempting me to buy more!

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Sara Ann...Tiffany is my favorite rose,and I grow 135 roses! Thank you for this beautiful rose picture Lesley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Susan and Lesley - Thank you. I love Tiffany too. It's a very good rose and the fragrance is wonderful!

• mzstitch
    10 years ago

They look like two completely different roses!! Love the October color. Why so different? Is it from the heat of summer that they bleach out?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mzstitch - I love the October color too. They do look like different roses. I do believe the pale color is a result of the heat and sunlight, we were having some really hot weather about then, of course that is pretty typical around here. Usually the bloom color is somewhere in between.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

You can really see how the fall temps amp up the colors!

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Witherspoon roses ( grafted bareroots) has the pale colored sport RK Witherspoon.

Tiffany's a great rose. I would never be without it

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

I can see that my Tiffany is NOT Tiffany. :)
    Mine has a form more like Grace (Austin).
    That first picture is to die for!! The 2nd one shows a lot of flowers for the size of the bush.
    Maybe I should try again.

Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes Seil, the cooler weather really makes a difference in the color. Carol - Tiffany seems like an all-around really good rose. In your zone it would probably be a really lovely color. It bloomed good all season. This last flush was a pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting it. Kitty - I didn't know RK Witherspoon was a sport of Tiffany, I'll have to check that one out.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Sounds tempting! The above comments make it sound irresistible!! :)

• henryinct
    10 years ago

This is a photo of Tiffany I took 25 years ago.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Henryinct - That is one beautiful picture of Tiffany, PERFECT!

• Molineux
    10 years ago

In my mind TIFFANY serves as a template for what a Hybrid Tea should be. It has all the positives and very few of the negative traits. A classic that belongs in every garden where cut flower roses are highly valued.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Molineux - I would agree with that.

• zjw727
    10 years ago

I had no idea about RK Witherspoon- the color is gorgeous! I need it!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.206123

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    10 years ago

Tiffany is a great rose here. Vigorous and hardy without protection. Good bloomer.

The high bloom form makes it special. A great shade of pink with that little blush of soft yellow at the base.

If you're gonna grow HT's....you must have Tiffany!

{{gwi:311677}}

{{gwi:336283}}

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Harryshoe - Lovely Tiffany blooms. You have beautiful roses.

• lynnette
    10 years ago

My Tiffany is the same colour and shape as harryshoe.
    The buds are also very attractive.

• zjw727
    10 years ago

The coloring reminds me of a reverse of Peace. Those pictures are all beautiful!

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Great pictures you guys! I had TIFFANY when I first started growing roses about 24yrs ago. It was huge, and smelled yummy as I recall. I had BEWITCHED on the opposite end of the bed where they were planted. I'm not sure why I don't have either of them now. They must've died or something when (or before) we moved 15yrs ago. I tried replacing both with the cheapie bagged bareroot roses from the big box stores over the yrs. But they always ended up being the wrong rose. Never got around to buying them anywhere else more reliable. Seeing you guys' pics make me miss TIFFANY. It was really a beautiful rose and plant. I remember it being around 5.5ft and 3ft wide. Loaded with beautiful perfect blooms too. I really should try to find one again.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynnette - Gorgeous picture. I can only hope that my more established Tiffany roses will be as lovely as yours and harryshoe's this year.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 10:36

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Tiffany is my favorite rose. I will be adding #3 this spring. So happy I ordered anotherâ¦as most of my roses have black canes due to this winter. These pictures are just glorious and I have enjoyed them. Lesley

• lelamsk
    9 years ago

I have this beautiful Tiffany bush. It had almost 10 buds on it and it was almost ready to bloom.. I couldn't wait.. went out the next day and was doing some work trimming Perfect Moment and looked over and every bloom on my Tiffany bush had been carefully chewed off leaving only 10 stubs blowing in the wind. I just sad down and cried. I am sure the church next door heard my few choice words for the deer that had visited me that night. I may have to move it to the back yard if all the tricks I have tried don't work..

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lela - That is sad, I would cry too! Very frustrating, I'm sure. I Hope your tricks work.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Oh my, all these beautiful Tiffanys! I just got it this spring and it's already proven itself to be a great bloomer!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Seil, that is so gorgeous!

• lelamsk
    9 years ago

Don't you just love the yellow tinge around the bottom. I try to get that in my pictures. You did a great job of getting the yellow in this picture. Beautiful.. I am still mourning the loss of mine to the deer.. Rose people are crazy. I use to be like this with orchids but got to expensive when I retired.
    I have one Tiffany that is still potted that has two long stems with blooms.. I am guarding it with my life. I have put down some kind of blood product, that is suppose to make deer think a deer died there... my dog thinks it is pretty tasty.. I have sprayed with egg, garlic and hot pepper spray.. I am just hoping this will work for the tiffany in the garden. I think Tiffany is my favorite Tea,

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lela - Good luck trying to keep the deer away. I agree about Tiffany, I've seen many blooms of this rose and it is truly gorgeous. The touch of yellow really does add to its beauty. The picture here is my best one so far, it is from my spring flush this year.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

What lovely examples of Tiffany. Such a gorgeous rose!
    Carol