Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Downton Abbey Gardens

Posted by amberroses 10a-Pinellas Co.FL (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 19:53

I was looking up info about the new Weeks rose, Anna's Promise, and I came across this interesting article about the gardens of the tv show Downton Abbey. It also talks about the actual gardens of the real Highclere Castle and the history of gardening.

I do hope that the cast and crew have been permitted to tour the gardens since this article was published.

Here is a link that might be useful: Downton's most thrilling plot: Highclere Castle's glorious gardens - out-of-bounds to the stars - open to the public next month

This post was edited by amberroses on Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 9:21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Downton Abbey Gardens

I totally enjoy Downton Abbey, and also enjoyed the show about the mansion today.

I watch it on DVD, and have only completed 2 seasons. You link won't work for me, so I am not sure about what your question means.

i have just begun the 3rd season, so maybe I can chime in more once I see more.

Sammy

o

Here's the link again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2057029/Downtons-thrilling-plot-Highclere-Castle-s-glorious-gardens--bounds-stars-filming-Downton-Abbey--open-public-month.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Downton

o

That new link works for now. I am a fan of the show too. I've always wondered why they never show the gardeners, stable workers, or any outside staff? Someone must have taken care of it right? Remember the episode where the Dowager Countess entered "her" roses in the garden contest?

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 16:52

Thanks for the link. A fun article. The book that is mentioned, "Elizabeth And Her German Garden", can be read for free at Project Gutenberg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Elizabeth And Her German Garden @ PG

o

I did want to read "Elizabeth and her Garden." I think reading it online would be easier than trying to find a copy. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here