Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem leaves for kim

Posted by Suzy11 none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 20:03

Hi Kim my rose bush is now in the garage with my trees. I sprits them all twice a day. The ros� has been doing great has a new bud and leaves. Today I noticed that the leaves look funny. . Few dried out tips and yellowish green leaves. Could it be too much water? What do you think is wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem leaves for kim

It could be too much water. I'd think twice a day might be too frequently to spritz them. Depending upon how humid it is, perhaps once daily, or once ever few days. If it's really arid, dry, perhaps daily, but if your humidity is high, it shouldn't need frequent spraying. It's difficult to tell from the photo, but too low light might also be part of the issue. You are treading where I haven't attempted going in over thirty years. My climate does not require bringing roses inside out of the elements. I tried growing minis under lights eons ago and found it was not something I cared to fight. They are significantly easier and happier outside here, so I keep them there. I understand your climate isn't as forgiving this time of year. But, honestly, you are attempting something I haven't. The best I can do is suggest what the symptoms appear to me. I'd think, as you suggested, too much water and perhaps insufficient light. But, I could be wrong. Hopefully others who have brought them inside over winter and experienced what you're observing will come up with more suggestions. Kim

o

Are you in a cold climate and your trying to overwinter these roses?
Just trying to understand why there in the garage?

o

Jim, I live in cental pa. It is about 40 degrees now.

o

Kim thanks for the advise. Sounds good. I will cut back on water. The garage is 70 degrees and alittle cold air comes in the door.

o

Oh I forgot your close to me Suzy11..sorry

I have overwintered outside successfully but never had any luck with roses indoors.
Best of luck...

photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zps97e331b7.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here