Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I couldn't resist!

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 20:53

I cut this bouquet this evening. It is supposed to get really cold in a couple of nights. Varieties are Double Delight, Marijke Koopman, Peace, Sunsprite, Love, The McCartney Rose, Buxom Beauty, Tiffany, Meredith, Veterans Honor, Royal William, Forgotten Dreams and Ch-Ching, not in any particular order. I know this is about the end of them for the season.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I couldn't resist!

Oh so beautiful! This is payoff for all our hard work! Hard to see them go, but only 5 months before we meet again.

o

The last roses of autumn--lovely!

Kate

o

Beautiful!!!
Is the medium pink rose that looks like it's over the steps The McCartney Rose? I was thinking of getting that one, then changed my mind because it's a floribunda, and I want big blooms.
What do you think of it?

Carol

o

Thanks everyone. Carol - Yes, that's it. The McCartney Rose is a hybrid tea. The blooms are a nice size, smells wonderful. For a first year bush it bloomed good, I think when it's established it is very prolific, maybe that is why you thought it was a floribunda. Mine has gotten huge, I think it has tripled in size since June.

o

Argh!!!! Why didn't I get that one!!!
Oh well, there's always next year. :)

o

And what is the large cerise one in front of sir Paul?

o

Susan - I think you are asking about Forgotten Dreams. It has been a very dependable rose for me, blooms a lot, the blooms are fragrant, the bush is very healthy, never gets blackspot. I got it from Edmunds years ago. Heirloom lists it, but I am not sure if it is available. It is not a rose that WOWS you, but it is a good one. Earlier in the season I posted a full bush shot of it on a thread I called Forgotten Dreams if you would like to see it. It is usually a med. red, but the cool temps have darkened it somewhat.

o

I was thinking it was buxom beauty. The rose at 4 o'clock.

o

Susan - I hope I am understanding correctly, the one on the other side of it is Double Delight and it is Forgotten Dreams. I think the one kind of in the middle, behind Double Delight is Buxom Beauty, it is fully open now and is huge. I'm sure that is as clear as mud! lol!

o

Beauties, all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here