Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karolina11_gw

Heavy new growth, possible RRD?

Karolina11
10 years ago

I'm not great at identifying RRD so I thought I would get some additional opinions.

This is Oranges 'N' Lemons, a floribunda. I have had it for two years, grafted and bought potted last year. It has been moved across the state twice this year unfortunately due to moving homes, once in May and then in July. During the July move it was moved on the back of a pickup and it was a bit taller than the box and thus suffered some wind damage. Thus the top of the canes being bent and being burnt on one side and green on the other came from that. It lost a lot of foliage in the move and sat unhappy for a few weeks, blooming once. Suddenly in the last week it exploded in growth. What looks odd to me is how close all of the new growth is and how many leaves are coming out of each leaf axil and it is largely concentrated at the tops of the canes. It is growing from newer canes too but the older canes don't look quite right. I am located in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, and I know of multiple infected multiflora located within miles of my home, if it helps. I also do use herbicides on the lawn so it is possible it got some of that although I am careful.

Any thoughts?

{{gwi:337323}}
{{gwi:337324}}
{{gwi:337325}}
{{gwi:337326}}
Other cane:
{{gwi:337327}}
Lower canes:
{{gwi:337328}}

Comments (9)