Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosybunny

Eiffel Tower Bloom Won't open

rosybunny
10 years ago

Greetings everyone.

This Eiffel Tower was purchased in June during an Heirloom summer sale. Although it's already fall and the days are really short, whatever sunlight we've been getting was intense, I guess that's why all my roses are still green and most of them still pushed out flower buds in as last as early Nov.

Anyways the Eiffel Tower is potted and sitting in a cool greenhouse. It shot up a 2-feet cane with a bud on top, which grew plump, same as my anticipation. About 10 days ago the sepals came down and I could smell the lovely fragrance, expecting the petals to open any time...10 days later it still looks the same--the petals did not budge at all, instead they've become aged, weak and loose, like a rose bloom that has been put into a vase for a week, I can imagine a few more days the petals will just fall off without ever unfurling.

The only reason I can think of is the dryness in the greenhouse, b/c rain has been very late this year (by a whole month), combined with the intense heat during the day, making everything and everywhere very very dry, but I have watered the plant well. Anyone has any thoughts on this is welcome to share, thank you in advance.

Comments (2)